Land of 10,000 Lakes

Happy New Year, MN Runners! (Read 436 times)

HCH

It's so quiet around here that I can hear the snow fall. I hope everyone has figured out some strategies for coping with the snow and ice and managing to stay on your feet and off your a$$, unlike me who now gets PTSD every time I encounter a decline when I'm running.Black eye Is anyone running the Winter Carnival Half? If the weather looks promising, I might sign up at the last minute for something to do on a January weekend. How's the course and what's it like as an event?

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

HermosaBoy

I will be there cheering for my kids and anyone else running. It's a fair course -- although there is a NASTY hill right at the 13 mile mark that will take your breath away and make you say words you can't say on TV. Other than that, it rolls a little but nothing major. The funny thing for me is that it is an out and back course and the wind always seems to be in your face -- IN BOTH DIRECTIONS!!! Fairly well run event...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I ran on Shepard Rd today. Moron me, didn't think about the plows putting the snow from the road onto the bike/walking path. I should have brought my yaktrax with. Side note- I got 25% off my yaktrax purchase at Run N Fun for solving the Rubik's Cube behind the counter, my useless knowledge comes in handy sometimes. I might run that race, if DW wants to. I'm really looking for races in April, my marathon training plan calls for races 8, 6, and 4 weeks out. Neither Need To Race or Raceberry Jam have anything listed for those weeks.
          I'm really looking for races in April, my marathon training plan calls for races 8, 6, and 4 weeks out. Neither Need To Race or Raceberry Jam have anything listed for those weeks.
          http://www.runningintheusa.com/RacesByState.asp?State=MN&Month=4 Happy New Year.
          And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
          HCH

Thanks for the info, hermosaboy. It's going to be a game day decision whether I run the Winter Carnival Half - I was on the DL much of '08 and will likely run a personal worst so this will be one "for fun." Traitor, what spring marathon are you doing?

Thanks for the link. I'm running Med-City. Thought about the new one in Stillwater, but as my first marathon, figured Med-City would be an easier course. That and it only cost $30
                Is anyone running the Winter Carnival Half? If the weather looks promising, I might sign up at the last minute for something to do on a January weekend. How's the course and what's it like as an event?
                I just got the following e-mail from the Running Room. Sorry for anyone really anticipating the Half tommorow. Hi All, Just a note to let you know that the half marathon course has been shortened to approximately 6.5 miles (or half of the marathon distance) for tomorrow. The start time will remain the same at 9:00am. The 5K race will go on as scheduled and start at 9:15. The half marathon turnaround is just East of 35E on Sheppard Road and will be at the break in the median there so that runners can go westbound on the way out and eastbound (or with traffic ) on their way back. We will move the water stop to this point and will be serving individual bottles to the runners. This should make it easier for volunteers. Thank you participating in the 2009 Securian Frozen 5K and Half Marathon! Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Running Room Inc.
                HermosaBoy

Bump -- where's everyone at?

Rob

Running. Big grin It was over 40 outside today
                    HCH

Bunch of wallflowers, this group! Let's see if I can spark a discussion. Evil grin Franken or Coleman? Grandma's or Twin Cities? Twins or Saints?

HermosaBoy

Bunch of wallflowers, this group! Let's see if I can spark a discussion. Evil grin Franken or Coleman? Is there an alternate choice? Grandma's or Twin Cities? Is there an alternate choice? Grandm'as if I have to choose Twins or Saints? Saints

Rob

HCH

Franken or Coleman? Is there an alternate choice?
                          Um, I think the alternate choice is part of the reason we ended up in this electoral tie in the first place!

HermosaBoy

Um, I think the alternate choice is part of the reason we ended up in this electoral tie in the first place!
                            The lesser of two evils? Tongue

Rob

HCH

The lesser of two three evils? Tongue
                              Fixed that for you. Wink