Land of 10,000 Lakes

Twins! (Read 361 times)

HCH

Nice work in Urban Wildland, folks. Hermasoboy, your son must have been the kid who finished in the top 5. WOW!! How old is he? You must be so proud! It's a gorgeous day for running in Minnesota, the Twins are 14 games over .500 and at the top of the AL Central standings. All is right with the world.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

HermosaBoy

Yes, my son was 5th OA and is 16. He is a very fine runner. As soon as he learns to not relax too much in the race, I will be curious what time he can put down. He had a few miles in there that were quite a bit slower than average...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

If you ride your bike to todays game, you get two-for-one tickets.
        HCH

If you ride your bike to todays game, you get two-for-one tickets.
          What a cool promotion, but we already had tickets! Great game though. Perhaps a bit too exciting. Speaking of spectator sports, I'm on the DL right now and know some folks who are doing the Ragnar Relay. Since I can't run, I'm thinking I could live vicariously and try to find them on the course and cheer them on. I know absolutely nothing about the logistics of these multi-day relays - Is this a stupid idea or do they have spectator spots at all? Would it be impossible to find them?

HermosaBoy

What a cool promotion, but we already had tickets! Great game though. Perhaps a bit too exciting. Speaking of spectator sports, I'm on the DL right now and know some folks who are doing the Ragnar Relay. Since I can't run, I'm thinking I could live vicariously and try to find them on the course and cheer them on. I know absolutely nothing about the logistics of these multi-day relays - Is this a stupid idea or do they have spectator spots at all? Would it be impossible to find them?
            You can definitely find people. When we ran it last year, we had people finding us all the time. Find out when people you know are starting, then you can figure out approximately when they will be at certain locations (I think Ragnar gives out a spreadsheet where you can plug in everyone's expected paces and it projects when you will be where). We will be running. Look for MN RED...

Rob

HCH

Thanks for the info! I will definitely try to get over there if I am up to it. I will cheer for MN RED, too!! Good luck to your team, and have fun!

HermosaBoy

Fun will definitely be had -- RED = Running Eating and Drinking. Cool

Rob