Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

BeeRunB

Thought I'd get a thread going for daily reports. Post what you have. If you want constructive comments, analysis, or want your splits laminated to use as a coaster or as a keepsake for your grandchildren, just ask. Hopefully, I won't be the only one commenting, analyzing, and laminating. So, let's see 'em! I'll start: Monday 12/17 5 miles average pace 10:47 max average HR per mile: 129 (MAF-5) Treadmill, incline 1% On radio: Jim Rome show Visual: an eye chart I have entered my treadmill hibernation period. Too much ice on the ground these days, so I'll be doing a lot of treadmill, which is really just an excuse to look at an eye chart and bliss out without making anyone uncomfortable. Also, just came off a recovery week with 4 days rest from running (but not 4 days of physical rest). I wasn't planning on one, but I did so much shoveling and physical stuff, and the 3 snowstorms took up a lot of time, I decided to take one on the 3rd week, and do a full week with long run this week. --Jimmy
    BeeRunB

12/18/07 AM 8 miles ave. pace 11:12 max average HR: 134 (67% MHR) treadmill 1% incline 10 hills (five .25 mile hills @4% incline and five .1 mile hills @ 2%) A nice hill workout today. Feeling like I'm getting my legs back after all those snowstorms (shoveling, rescuing). Keep going! --Jimmy
        I'll bite...and will try to keep updated. Temp: 21 (coldest day of the year so far) Roll eyes Tuesday - 12.18 8 miles Pace: 8:37 AHR: 137 (MAF -7) Max HR= 151 Definitely one of my best HR runs ever. Moderate hills (4 to 5) in this workout as well. My marathon goal pace in February is 7:30. I figure with Garmin adjustments...around 7:24. Smile
          I'll bite also. Tuesday 12/18 11 miles Ave pace 8:12 Ave HR:139 Max:150 Snowpacked sidewalks and streets, lots of hills Ipod: REO Speedwagon Had a cop yell at me to stay off the street. I told him to shovel the sidewalks. That didn't go over to well. Threw out a couple of Yes Sirs and I understand Sirs until the situation calmed itself, ran on the icy sidewalk for a block and then hopped back on the street. Had a couple of doughnut retorts pop into my head but decided not to use them. Hit max HR during confrontation. Tom
          BeeRunB

12/18/07 PM 4 miles tm@ 1% incline ave pace 10:54 max average HR: 129 (65% MHR) Felt good tonight. Doing a few doubles every week. 12 miles total for the day. Watched part of The Biggest Loser while running, which was brought to me by Oreo cookies (100 calorie packs--let's see 6x100=600 calories and lots of crap). Now for some noodles! --Jimmy
              Wednesday....hump day! Temp: 37 and overcast...some light rain as well. Wednesday -- 12.19 12.02 miles Pace: 8:26 Weight: 187 AHR: 146 (MAF +2) Max HR= 171 Ok, ok...I averaged above MAF today! Actually, I threw in more hills, and ran 3 miles at marathon goal pace for my February race. HR was pretty good during those miles, but it kicked me up a bit obviously. Smile Tossing my weight in here for motivation. I want to be 182 by the middle of February. Maybe even 180. Wink
                I will probably only post my good runs here. Wink Last night was my best treadmill run I've had to date, as far as speed and heartrate drift while keeping pace. My MAF is 146 and last night the highest blip maxed out at 141. 12/18/2007 Mile 1, AHR=127, Pace=10:00 Mile 2, AHR=130, Pace=10:00 Mile 3, AHR=132, Pace=10:00 Mile 4, AHR=134, Pace=10:00 Mile 5, AHR=135, Pace=10:00 Mile 6, AHR=136, Pace=10:00
                  Struggling a little bit with motivation on the treadmill - but I leave for work before sunrise and get home well after sunset. Tuesday 12/18 (PM) 3 miles Avg HR 133 (MAF of 140) Treadmill 0% incline Audio: Ipod Shuffle Visual: Local/National News Trying to move from evening to morning runs with no success...may resort to requesting wake up calls from fellow MAFers. I do them on the weekend, but just can't seem to get out of bed at 5:00-5:30AM. That extra hour means everything. Russ
                  BeeRunB

Wednesday....hump day! Temp: 37 and overcast...some light rain as well. Wednesday -- 12.19 12.02 miles Pace: 8:26 Weight: 187 AHR: 146 (MAF +2) Max HR= 171 Ok, ok...I averaged above MAF today! Actually, I threw in more hills, and ran 3 miles at marathon goal pace for my February race. HR was pretty good during those miles, but it kicked me up a bit obviously. Smile Tossing my weight in here for motivation. I want to be 182 by the middle of February. Maybe even 180. Wink
                    1-2 seconds per pound, Doc. Nice to get running at MRP when it finally comes. How are you figuring your goal pace? --Jimmy
                    BeeRunB

Struggling a little bit with motivation on the treadmill - but I leave for work before sunrise and get home well after sunset. Tuesday 12/18 (PM) 3 miles Avg HR 133 (MAF of 140) Treadmill 0% incline Audio: Ipod Shuffle Visual: Local/National News Trying to move from evening to morning runs with no success...may resort to requesting wake up calls from fellow MAFers. I do them on the weekend, but just can't seem to get out of bed at 5:00-5:30AM. That extra hour means everything. Russ
                      You'll struggle with the TM until you have what I call a "BELTORI." I had mine on a 24 mile run on a TM. Happened at mile 18. Realized fully the ol' Buckaroo Bonzai saying of "no matter where you go, there you are." Suddenly, I was everywhere, and free as a bird, the spinning belt became a metaphor for underlying force that moves and creates all things. The TM became a confessional, altar, and conveyor belt to the nature of my personal reality. When my wife came down during mile 23.75 and asked me if everything was okay, I just giggled and said "why are you standing so still, man? It's like I'm moving through the walls, around the world, and through all tubes, seeing and connecting with all animals, neighbors, and bakeries, and you're just like a statue, man". She came and gently wiped the drool from my chin. pushed the stop button, took me upstairs, bathed me, and dropped me at the local Zen center until I could function in society again. A beltori. Keep going. --Jimmy

Master of Inconsistency

Didn't run yesterday since I was nursing the hangover from our work Christmas party. Today's run 6.2 miles AHR-130 (MAF-137) pace= 11:49 per mile 40 degrees , so it was downright balmy I am insanely jealous of the pace some of you run your MAF miles at. If I ever get to 10's I'll be in heaven. Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

wanderingoutlaw

I ran yesterday (Tuesday) morning, but that info is at home. 'Twas around 3.5 miles at avg. hr of 128 and around 39:00 (or 38:00). I faded horribly over the last 1.3 miles as I maxed my hr at my current MAF running hr of 139. The temp was around 28F--coldest run this season. Today (Wednesday) a rare daylight run just before lunch. 12/18/07 12:00 noon 52F temp / 34F dewpoint 3.2 miles 37:25 avg hr = 134 max hr = 146 I try to stay below MAF hr of 139. My running the past few weeks has been sporadic. I'm not putting in nearly as many miles as I was two months ago (35-40mpw then; 20-25mpw now) and my long runs are becoming shorter. With holiday travels upcoming, I foresee my running staying sporadic, but hopefully I should be able to maintain a better running schedule with the new year. In January I plan to return to 35-40 mpw and begin increasing my long runs back to 2 hours and longer. Hopefully, my MAF pace might quicken some and my spikes at ends of runs and at tops of uphills might become less extreme.

John

Wednesday....hump day!
                            Maybe at your house Big grin Wednesday 12-19 10 miles Average pace 6:56 Average HR 140(MAF-6) Treadmill 0% Ipod: Boston Visual: Harris Faulkner on CNN? Fox? More Visual: Couple of hottie moms on ellipticals in front of me One of those days where everything felt good. Stars and planets in alignment.
                              1-2 seconds per pound, Doc. Nice to get running at MRP when it finally comes. How are you figuring your goal pace? --Jimmy
                              Good runs everyone! Very impressive, Husker. Shocked Jimmy, I'm calculating my marathon pace basically to BQ, which for me is a 3:15. (~7:27 pace) I ran a HM in September in 1:31:55. I ran the Twin Cities saunathon in 3:23, which while off my goal, was still much much better than most people fared that day. Had it been 25 degrees cooler I think I would have given it a run. Smile Myrtle Beach is in February. 3:15 is my goal, but my inner goal is 3:12/3:13. It will also be my one year anniversary of marathoning. How time flies! Cool
                              lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Hi Ya'll, Got thrown under the bus at 'Active'...w...t...f? Nice to see that here at RA ' The beat goes on'..(Cher) Looks like progress is being made by so many. I've forged on to record MAF paces also. LG1 Rollin'....turning over new leaf
                                ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
                                Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
                                ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)