Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

BeeRunB

12/19/07 All TM at 1% incline 2 runs, 6.2 miles on the day A.M. recovery run 3.1 miles ave pace 11:02 high ave HR per mile: 129 (MAF-5) Jim Rome show P.M. recovery run 3.1 miles ave pace 11:21 high ave HR per mile: 124 (MAF-10) no radio or tv, just positive affirmation intervals with blanking out rest in between In a rush today, decided on two 5k recovery runs, with the second one at MAF -10. Ice is melting around here, I think I can get back outside at the state park, or around here at The Farm. Glad you found the forum, Lowgear, Mr. Poet. It's coming alive quite nicely. Keep going! --jimmy
      2 miles 28 minutes constantly interrupted by phone calls from work (i had to take due to crisis). avg hr 131 finally waved white flag and headed up from basement and played with son! some days it just isn't in the cards to get the miles in....another data point in favor of getting my a$$ out of bed in the morning to run!
      lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Thur Dec 20, 2007 4:50 am cst 17 f 91% h 15 dp 4 nw 12 wc Garden variety easy run State Flower: Goldenrod Mile (1) 11:09 HR AVG 119 HR SPIKE 123 (1st 1/2 mile downhill plus 4 1/2 miles flat) Mile (2) 12:11 HR AVG 121 HR SPIKE 125 Mile (3) 12:16 HR AVG 123 HR SPIKE 127 Mile (4) 12:36 HR AVG 122 HR SPIKE 127 Mile (5) 12:13 HR AVG 122 HR SPIKE 127 totals: 12:05 avg pace, 122 hr avg, 127 hr spike Recent dietary changes and emerging from (3) 30 mile plus weeks into this cutback week seems to have led to pace improvement. Previous month or so had me running maf 13:30 ish, so i'm pinching myself. Totally expect to regress somewhat, as I've previously experienced, but enjoying the moment. Jimmy, Please tell me that the 'lobe' is just temporarily in the shop getting pierced, so it can sport some well deserved 14k. That bad boy is quite flattering. LG1 Rollin...'Friends, Romans, and countrymen'......and Kenyans, of course
        ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
        Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
        ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
          12.19 P.M. recovery 4 miles Ave pace: Somewhere close to 9 min/mi Ave HR: 140 Does anyone else experience this? If I run in the morning or at lunch I can knock out 7 min./mi below MAF on the TM. When I run in the evening my HR is high from the get go and I struggle to keep it down.
            Not a bad run today, all things considered. I took it easy as my left foot is still bothering me a bit after 5 miles or so. Today it felt pretty good though. Date: 12.20 8 miles 8:56 pace AHR:135 (MAF -9) I even managed to keep at or below 144 on a rather steep hill coming back in today. I wasn't setting any speed records though...I think the 75 year old lady walking her dog was keeping up with me. Tongue Speed work tomorrow if my foot holds up. 4 or 5x1600's. Mmmm.... Smile
            BeeRunB

Jimmy, Please tell me that the 'lobe' is just temporarily in the shop getting pierced, so it can sport some well deserved 14k. That bad boy is quite flattering.
              What?Oh, are you referring to my former Avatar? If, so, he is being fitted for a cochlear implant with his Rush Limbaugh coupon. On the subject of these Avatars, don't get attached, as I plan to use that little box as my major means of self-expression. Just showing off my most excellent deer on the sands of Venice Beach in the L.A. sun on my first trip there. --Jimmy
              newgeneration

I ran 7.5 mi today, which was possible mainly because I was off from work. avg HR 133, duration 80 min. Since I have come to runningahead I have started to enter my workouts, so I plan to do a 5 mi. trial with mile splits in about 4 weeks. Have been training LHR about 6+ weeks.
                  I've been running mostly low heart rate since October, 2007. I've seen some neat improvements, and I'm keeping it up for a while. 12/20/07: 6.8 Miles / 1:06:01 / 9:43 pace / 147 AHR Usually I try to stay below 156 but today I tried to stay below 151. I felt pretty good doing that.

sean

I'm game. 6 miles on t-mill audio: I-pod Video : CNN Time: 59:54 Pace : 9:59 HR Ave: 134 Max: 138 Weight: 187lbs Goal: 175lbs Plan another 4 on the roads tonight if Mother Nature gives me the ok.
                      Thur Dec 20, 2007 4:50 am cst 17 f 91% h 15 dp 4 nw 12 wc Garden variety easy run State Flower: Goldenrod Mile (1) 11:09 HR AVG 119 HR SPIKE 123 (1st 1/2 mile downhill plus 4 1/2 miles flat) Mile (2) 12:11 HR AVG 121 HR SPIKE 125 Mile (3) 12:16 HR AVG 123 HR SPIKE 127 Mile (4) 12:36 HR AVG 122 HR SPIKE 127 Mile (5) 12:13 HR AVG 122 HR SPIKE 127 totals: 12:05 avg pace, 122 hr avg, 127 hr spike Recent dietary changes and emerging from (3) 30 mile plus weeks into this cutback week seems to have led to pace improvement. Previous month or so had me running maf 13:30 ish, so i'm pinching myself. Totally expect to regress somewhat, as I've previously experienced, but enjoying the moment. Jimmy, Please tell me that the 'lobe' is just temporarily in the shop getting pierced, so it can sport some well deserved 14k. That bad boy is quite flattering. LG1 Rollin...'Friends, Romans, and countrymen'......and Kenyans, of course
                      What dietary changes did you make? I'm reading "The Maffetone Method" right now. I'm considering doing the "two week test" after the first of the year. I can't walk by a donut or cookie without eating it.
                      BeeRunB

12/20/07 tm@1% incline 5.8 miles 11:32 pace max ave HR per mile : 129 bpm (MAF-5) radio: Jim Rome's Year In Review Show--very good Things have been nutso stressful the past two weeks, and it is showing in my paces. A little bit too much anaerobic shoveling the past week hasn't helped (and getting up way too early to do such). I'm tired. The beauty of this training is that the HRM will keep me at a pace that isn't stressing the body. If it's 11:32 today (when it was 10:47 on Monday) then so be it. Well, off to get some rest. BDAGS. The key is to NOT walk by donuts and cookies. Cool --Jimmy

Master of Inconsistency

6.2 miles today in overcast skies temp=39 , humidity 67% MAF =137 AHR = 131 Max = 144 (oops) got carried away for all of ten seconds on a nice downhill I felt like I was floating,oh well , pace =11:36 Good runs everone, Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

Dave

5.5 today at an average pace of 9:14. Average HR = 139 for the run (MAF - 5, I use 70% karvonen formula as my ceiling = 143) 9:35, 127bpm 9:46, 141bpm (good heart rate control on the uphill) 8:54, 141bpm (slight downhill) 9:06, 142bpm 8:56, 144bpm 8:53, 146bpm Don't think I'm as strict as many but either the cold weather is holding down my HR and pushing up my pace or I'm showing improvement Wink Slight up tick in the last 1.5 miles was some steep hills.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

What dietary changes did you make? I'm reading "The Maffetone Method" right now. I'm considering doing the "two week test" after the first of the year. I can't walk by a donut or cookie without eating it.
                              BDAGS, Ramping up my weekly mileage from about 20 to the low 30 range prompted me to look more closely at a number of factors that were affecting my performance as well as recovery. These very forums are great at presenting ideas that you wouldn't necessarily dwell on outside of training. One area of concern for me was my diet which had evolved over several years into a low fat, high carb type with smaller amounts of protein. All in all not a bad diet, but being 58 and increasing my physical activity seemed to warrent more protein. Some of the things you can read about muscle atrophy as you get older can spook people like me who read about a certain condition and automatically assume we have it. What's nice about closely tracking your progress is being able to tweak things and see if the change produces improvement. While it is hard to isolate any one item you can often see trends. At the end of the day if your still improving, then your doing a good job. LG1 Rollin'....Rolled Oats this am,...burp
                              ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
                              Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
                              ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
                                Last night on the treadmill - watched VH1's greatest songs of the 90s. Mile 1, 10:00 pace, AHR 123 Mile 2, 10:00 pace, AHR 133 Mile 3 (decline), 8:00 pace, AHR 138 Mile 4 (decline), 7:53 pace, AHR 142 Mile 5 (decline), 7:47 pace, AHR 145 Mile 6, 10:00 pace, AHR 143