Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

24 miles today at 11:19 pace, which seems to be right at my MAF average for that distance. I didn't use the hrm, but used 11:20 as my "floor" for pacing and then just ran by feel. I had a handful of 9:5X miles and several sub 10:40. I cut short by a few miles as I was pretty tired, ran 30 last Saturday, and have 20 more tomorrow. I'm sure that one will be nothing more than a slog, but It's nice to get some miles in without feeling totally worked for the rest of the day.

Chasing the bus

Made my goal distance tonight, treadmill 6 mi. @12:35, avg. HR 123. Looks like I had a spike to 145? Hot, slow, tired, 4:1 run/walk. On pace to hit my mileage goal this week, finally.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
      Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

BeeRunB

5 mile walk

so starts a new cycle

Cool

Chasing the bus

Slowest run ever? 6 mi., 12:50, 4:1 run/walk. I'm blaming the swap to night shift and lack of sleep.

A relatively speedy 3 mi @ 14:50 pace avg hr 119 max 126

I've started clicking the lap button on my garmin after a .5 mi warmup and keeping my hr closer to 123 (113-125). So far so good!

Patty

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

BeeRunB

8.5 mile walk to nowhere

Shoes_N_Shorts

Just here for the food

8.9 tonight @ 10:15 pace. I would guess my hr to average 146, or MAF+5 for me. I've left the monitor at home for the last week, just running by feel. After a couple of big weeks in a row, I'm looking forward to an "easy" week next week.

Chasing the bus

8.5 mile walk to nowhere

I want to "Like" this post!

Only 4 treadmill miles tonight, 12:27mm, avg. HR  117 (I slept in a bit, got a solid 7 hrs!). Still slow, but slight improvement. That makes 4 days in a row...not a bad streak, for me, not withstanding it's only 20 mi. total.   Got another busy long weekend coming up and I'd like to hit the mileage a lil harder to make up for the days I'll miss, but it doesn't feel like it's gonna happen while I'm on nights.

Still hoping/planning to run the http://www.willowrunningcompany.com/no-canoe-loop-11-miler trail run saturday as my long run, that should help the mileage, though running on snowy snowmobile trails and overflow may end up being a long day...

Have a good week, all!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did a trail run on Sunday with the running group and the trail was so technical, my HR was not Maffing anywhere.  Did 3 recovery miles yesterday at 140HR and 11:48mm.  Planning on doing 11 miles today.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hello all!  3 miles at 9:57 and 142 HR on the treadmill at lunchtime today.  My treadmill runs are consistently at least 1:00 m/m slower than outside on a relatively flat course.  Does that make sense?  I've anecdotally heard others say they are faster on the treadmill because it "helps" a little.  All recent outside runs have been at 25F-35F and treadmill around 70F with no fans blowing.  Is my body just that terrible at cooling?

Eric

PRs:  5k - (20:42) 3/9/2013 18:55 (9/28/13)

10k - (42:42) 3/23/2013 39:11 (10/26/13) course was short @ 6.0 mi :)

10 mi - (1:12:10) 4/6/2013

HM - (1:34:38) 4/27/2013

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Calf and back a little sore. Another rest day for me.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Chasing the bus

...  My treadmill runs are consistently at least 1:00 m/m slower than outside on a relatively flat course.  Does that make sense?  I've anecdotally heard others say they are faster on the treadmill because it "helps" a little...

Everyone's different about treadmills. I used to hate running outside, now I hate running inside. Cooler is MUCH better for me. Pace usually depends more on other factors for me, but not always. Sometimes the treadmill just sucks the life outta me.

I almost feel guilty about posting...sorta slept in, not time to get in a meaningful run, but rather than feel guilty for not trying at all, and to help me feel better about my numbers this week, I did 3 treadmill miles @ 11:53, avg. HR 122, 4:1 run/walk still. Closest thing to junk miles I've ever run, I think, though I did try to run it as a MAF tempo/interval run.

Tomorrow is travel day and swap back to days. See you all hopefully thurs. morning.

Docket_Rocket

I usually run 1-2mm faster on the TM mainly because it's not 90F and 100% humidity on the TM as compared to outside, hehe.

11 miles last night @ 149HR.  Too high (1bpms) but the first mile was a cluster pluck of HR ridiculousness telling me I was dying at 200+HR and then down.  So I estimate the HR was 145-148 which is on pace.  I'll check each mile HR reading (at the end of each mile vs. average) to compare.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Thanks Damaris and Furthur.  I guess what I'm seeing on the TM is normal.  Of course it will probably flip this summer when it gets hot.

Eric

PRs:  5k - (20:42) 3/9/2013 18:55 (9/28/13)

10k - (42:42) 3/23/2013 39:11 (10/26/13) course was short @ 6.0 mi :)

10 mi - (1:12:10) 4/6/2013

HM - (1:34:38) 4/27/2013

BeeRunB

walk 8.5 miles

Cool