Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

Wandering Wally

Rested yesterday.  Getting back out there tonight.  Conditions are still pretty much like mid-winter, but the roads are clear enough that I might try an initial MAF test tomorrow evening just to get a baseline for spring/early summer.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I still have the kitty at the hospital but I finally ran yesterday.  5 miles at 146.  HR should've been 143 but meh.  All this stress and lack of sleep due to the kitty is catching up with me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wasatch Speedgoat

Wow. You are a bad ass, Desmaris. It's you and Ron now filling the long-gone Formationflier's and SteveP's shoes as resident AerobiDeities.

Seems like you're running a marathon every month! Awesome. Inspiring. Keep going! Cool

Jimmy, I poke my head in from time to time to see that all are being honest with their MAF Wink

Just for the thread content....ran 6.5 miles today @125HR @11:15 pace....felt great!

Life is short, play hard!

BeeRunB

Jimmy, I poke my head in from time to time to see that all are being honest with their MAF Wink

Just for the thread content....ran 6.5 miles today @125HR @11:15 pace....felt great!

Hey Steve! How's AerobOlympus these days?

Cool

Wasatch Speedgoat

Things are good...."trying" to get ready for yet another Hardrock 100 ;-)

BeeRunB

Things are good...."trying" to get ready for yet another Hardrock 100 ;-)

Awesome. For some reason I thought you were considering giving up the 100+ milers---not yet!!!! I'll be looking for the results, Steve. Let us know how it goes. Love ultra-reports.Cool

Wasatch Speedgoat

Will do....but this "is" my last one. I'm only doing this year because I won the lottery. Working on getting faster now! Smile

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.

I went back to running this week, after a 2 week sick hiatus.  5 miles on Monday at 143.  9 miles on Wednesday at 149 (too fast, ugh) and 7 miles with strides yesterday at 149 (keeping the easy portions below 148).  Getting back on track little by little.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Bear Blaster 50k (33) 10:15:00. Last. 1.9 miles in 1:45:00. Out of  gas and lost are not a good combination. Trail was marked well except for the last section. It was an out and back. At nearly 9 hours it is hard to remember  which direction you came from. Good race I will go back next year.$30 price tag.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Clay!

I did 18 miles yesterday at 148HR and 11:46mm.  One of my slowest runs in forever (plan was even 25-30 miles), so I'm still battling the cold and asthma.  Hoping today gets better (or at least faster, haha).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Chasing the bus

Nice numbers!

Well done Clay and welcome back Demaris.

Distracted this week, but still running. Finished the week with 4 Easter miles to hit 30/wk, finally, again. Now I need to do that a coupla weeks consistently...

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Docket_Rocket

After a horrible 18, I did 9 with 4 @ MP (by HR).  Ended up averaging 150HR so I didn't even reach the MP HR and the pace was nice.  Legs were a bit tired so I wasn't fast but it was nice after feeling so bad yesterday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Keep up the good work!

Nice numbers!

Well done Clay and welcome back Demaris.

Distracted this week, but still running. Finished the week with 4 Easter miles to hit 30/wk, finally, again. Now I need to do that a coupla weeks consistently...

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Chasing the bus

Ran my first double today. I meant my morning run to be 10 mi. tried running bike paths down town, but they are not fit to run on, with lots of clear ice, and some skim ice over water. But what drew me up short was my phone quitting at mile 4. So with no HRM, and no way to gauge distance (not even time!), I made my way back to truck and ended up driving the route to see how much total...odometer said 6.8 mi., so not the long run I had in mind. So one hour after dinner, I laced up and hit it. Roads much better than side walks, and the temp was above freezing still, so no ice, and even though dinner was still recent, I felt good and ran good, and gonna call it good! Now I need another 10 to finish my week...and not sure when I'm gonna squeeze it in.

Have a good weekend all!

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                              Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, John!

My internet went down so I don't have my data around, but I did the following this week:

10 miles at 149 (11:22mm) on Tuesday (too fast but it was hot and humid and I forgot to Maff, bad Damaris)

5 miles at 144 (12:25mm) on Wednesday (you can tell how hot and humid it was by the pace, ha)

10 miles at 145 (11:33mm) on Thursday morning, 2.25 @ 140 (12:04mm) in the afternoon

Today, I have a 5 recovery miler planned.  Still dealing with Summer down here so the runs at 10:XXmm are over until December.

Have a great day!  If I don't have internet, I'll see you Monday!

Damaris

Fundraising Page