Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

Docket_Rocket

Nice weather, furthur.

So, today was a 13 miler at Maff pace but I decided to shake things up a little, so I ended up doing 8 miles with mile 1 at MAFF, Miles 2 through 7 @ MP + 10% (by HR, at 150), and the last 2 @ MP (155HR).  I stopped by the house to eat and gel and continued with 3 more at MP but the temps were already at 86F and 80% humidity so I just called it the day.  Very nice workout as compared to the 5K and the average HR was 149, one point above MAFF so it went really great.  Love days like these.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

npaden

I guess my run tonight counts as a MAF run.  Did the first half of the Flying Pig marathon route on iFit.  The big hill on mile 6 to 8 didn't seem so bad on the treadmill anyway.

13.15 miles, 9:30 avg pace and 134 avg HR.  I wasn't planning on this to be a MAF run as I was planning on it being a 9:30 pace run and outside that usually ends up as high as 10 beats over MAF on a longer run.  I think my treadmill fluffs the average pace a little, I always seem to run at a lower HR on it than at the same pace running outside.

Longest treadmill run ever, enjoyed a great finish to the Masters that kept my interest while running though.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Rse

I'm going to be doing MAF training as I do my gradual Couch-to-BaseBuilding program as the next few months roll by.

I did some MAF'ing my last time around running years ago and I know it's perfect for BaseBuilding

Nice to see everyone!

Temp 61

Dew 51

Today

:15 WU

:30 MAF

:15 CD

Pace

1mi 16:50

2mi 18:10

Beginning is the fun part .... Nowhere to go but faster  Wink

Fran

Docket_Rocket

Welcome, Fran.

I did an easy 5 at 142HR.

Very sad about Boston today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rse

:15 walk-only

HR<MAF

I'm thinking about MAF'ing  5 days a week so I'm just building up a fourth day for starters

Fran

Docket_Rocket

7 With 2 @ MP today.  I did it by effort and not by Maff, but it went really well.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rse

Temp 60

Dew 26

:15  WU walk-only

:30  MAF

:15 CD walk-only

1mi 16:45

2mi 16:50

Fran

Wandering Wally

Now that the snow is gone I am finding running at MAF to be an entirely different experience.  My pace picked up by at least a minute per mile and there are longer stretches where it is actually hard work to stay at MAF and not drop too low.  This just tells me things are going in the right direction and I should keep on with what I'm doing.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Chasing the bus

Now that the snow is gone I am finding running at MAF to be an entirely different experience.  My pace picked up by at least a minute per mile and there are longer stretches where it is actually hard work to stay at MAF and not drop too low.  This just tells me things are going in the right direction and I should keep on with what I'm doing.

STILL waiting for this to happen...flying south today, hoping for warmer temps and clear roads. It'll make a nice change.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                    Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Docket_Rocket

It's ridiculous that I'm already running in the 90F and 80% humidity while you guys are still with snow.

Rest day today.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

labhiker

Pleased to report that I'm slowly getting back into it following some unexpected health issues.  I've been on the sidelines from nearly two plus months following my last 26.2 with only a few brief runs and walks on the TM.

Ibuprofen has become my newest best friend to help control inflamation and pain.  Also working on a pretty structured diet change to help manage inflamation.

Starting back very slow and easy.  TM 1% for 3 miles.  Both workouts well below MAF with solid WU and CD.

At this point speed and pace do not matter as its all about being able to lace-up again and logging time.

labhiker

Docket_Rocket

Welcome back, labhiker!

I did 7ish miles at 143HR and 11:42mm.  Not bad.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rse

Nice to see everyone.

Today was a rest day but I'm trying to ramp up to 5 days a week from 3 days so I'm just doing a Little Walking incrementally increased the next month or two.

:15  Walk-only  under MAF

Fran

Rse

My rolling stats are improving, and it's a good time for a Scheduled Day Off for me.

Tomorrow is my LongRun for the week

You all have a good Run today!

Fran

Docket_Rocket

Morning! First ultra tomorrow. Plan is running it by HR. Was thinking of 150HR since I do my marathons at 155. Thoughts? It's a trail race and a 50K.

Damaris

Fundraising Page