Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Morning! First ultra tomorrow. Plan is running it by HR. Was thinking of 150HR since I do my marathons at 155. Thoughts? It's a trail race and a 50K.

Is it a paved trail? How technical is the trail? I checked my races. HR is about 10 beats lower on a 50k compared to a marathon. Dizzy Fifites 50k 6:00:07----Sweetwater 50k 7:48:10 - rated a 4/4 on ultra running online. Have a great time.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

labhiker

Docket - Best of luck on the Ultra - sounds like fun.

labhiker

Docket_Rocket

Not as technical as the otehr one I do and it's mostly packed sand. The problem with 145 (10 beats less) is that it is my easy/MAFF HR and I wasn't planning on running that slow.

Edited to add:  Thanks!  I have 8 hours to finish!

Is it a paved trail? How technical is the trail? I checked my races. HR is about 10 beats lower on a 50k compared to a marathon. Dizzy Fifites 50k 6:00:07----Sweetwater 50k 7:48:10 - rated a 4/4 on ultra running online. Have a great time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!

Docket - Best of luck on the Ultra - sounds like fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Chasing the bus

Ran 8 "recovery" today, after 12 long run yesterday...trying to get my weekly mileage in 4 days, so I can go do other stuff. Summer's coming, then all I'll have to compete with running is fishing...  Still, feels good to be able to do something "stupid" and be strong enough to get away with it, even though I was wondering that last 3 miles today. Ending this week at 32 mi., which is a PB.

Roads are dry, morning temps still low, but good running conditions. Have a great weekend, all!

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
            Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Ran with a great friend this morning who is 5 years older than me, a lifelong runner, and thinking of making this HM next week his last one ever.  Found out he runs most training runs faster than HM pace!!!  After a discussion on aerobic HR training and comparing HRs, his curiousity is peaked Smile

8 miles at MAF -5 (137) and 8:56 pace

Eric

PRs:  5k - (20:42) 3/9/2013 18:55 (9/28/13)

10k - (42:42) 3/23/2013 39:11 (10/26/13) course was short @ 6.0 mi :)

10 mi - (1:12:10) 4/6/2013

HM - (1:34:38) 4/27/2013

Rse

Hi everybody, Nice to meetcha

mjsmith - how fun your MAF pace is picking up

Labhiker - I'm sure it's great to be back after time off. What kind of diet modifications?

npaden - congrats on Treadmill PR distance.

Furthur - Congrats on the PB mileage this week. Yay.

Damaris - I'll be back to hear about your ultra

Today was my LongRun   :40   PB duration

Temp 55

Dew 51

:15 warmup

:40 MAF

:15 Cool down

MAF

1mi 16:15

2mi 16:50

Fran

labhiker

4/21 - TM 1%  easy run - 45min.  119bmp ave.  Did not run on Sat. due to inflamation flare-up.  RHR still elvevated at 58 +/-

4/22 - Rest Day

I have made a rather radical change to my diet.  I am basically trying to go gluten-free and cut out dairy products, night-shades, salt and sugar.  Eating a lot of greens and only clean sources of protein (no red meat).  Hoping to see health benefits as I'm trying to eliminate possible sources of inflamation.

labhiker

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I finished in exactly 8:00:44, making the cutoff, yay!  It was a very tough course, 20 miles of sand dunes and sand hills and it was not packed sand, so I barely ran uphills and had to walk a lot to maneuver.  I fell and got lost, but I did great.  No soreness at all, except for the parts of my body that are burned from the sun.  HR was at 148, so I call that a win!

I did 5 miles today at 11:51 (141HR).  Fastest and longest post marathon/ultra run ever, so very happy that Maff indicates a good recovery.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3 mile walk

30:00 weight training Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Rse

Hi Everyone,

I'm plugging along on my initial Base-Building

This week's schedule

Mon  :35

Tue  :20 walk-only

Wed  :35

Thur  :20 walk only

Fri ..........off

Sat   :50 Long

Sun........off

I miss my bike.

I might change my short days to Bike days (Tues/Thurs)

Decisions, decisions........

Fran

npaden

Ran a couple easy runs with no HRM, no music, just me and nature.

(Of course I brought my phone along with the GPS running and logging it all so I could check it out after the fact)

8.11 miles on Sunday and 8.50 miles yesterday.

My running streak is up to 110 days and 875.6 miles.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 4 yesterday at 144HR and somewhere between 11:45-11:55, not sure.  Good run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

Just back from 3 weeks of travel, and getting back to it. Did some walking while away, not my normal volume or anything formalized. Started with a 4 mile walk today, which included a walking MAF test. Lost only a little fitness and weight remained even, so that's good.

Keep going! Cool

--Jimmy

Rse

Hi Everyone!

Nice to see you back Jimmy.

I did

0:30 < MAF

plus WU and CD for a total of 65 minutes in the shoes today.

MAF pace avg 17:20

Fran