Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  14 miles in 140HR and 11:30mm.  Slower than usual but I had a migraine and nausea so 140HR was as high as I could get my heart rate to go today.  Still, a solid run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

15 miles on bike.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

gregw

New crusted salt!  Checked my news feed for the first time in forever and there were treats waiting for me.  Thanks, Jimmy.

In the spirit of the thread, I ran twice today -- 7.8 and 2.2 = 10.0.  I'm 10 pounds overweight and age might finally be catching me (turn 42 in a couple of weeks), but I signed up for a fall marathon.

BeeRunB

New crusted salt!  Checked my news feed for the first time in forever and there were treats waiting for me.  Thanks, Jimmy.

In the spirit of the thread, I ran twice today -- 7.8 and 2.2 = 10.0.  I'm 10 pounds overweight and age might finally be catching me (turn 42 in a couple of weeks), but I signed up for a fall marathon.

You're welcome, Greg. Thanks for subscribing to the feed. Enjoy! They'll be regular again, but not every day. 1-2 per week.

Pinch some fat, tell it "thanks for storing energy, dude, but you're gone!'

TODAY:

1:40:00 run/walk

MAF test. Still on the progress trail!

--JimmyCool

Wandering Wally

17 miles Saturday.  Bike path.  Frosty start.  No HR info as I am waiting on a new strap to see if that will resolve the issues I'm having.  Just tried to take things easy.

7 miles on Sunday.  Single track trails.  No HR info again.  Just tried to take it real easy.  Walked all the uphill segments.

Rested Monday.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

BeeRunB

Bike/walk 53:00

A did a 1 mile walking MAF test @120bpm. I've been doing these since February. My initial speed back then was 16:35 pace in 73°. I'm down to 14:53 pace in 82°, same weight. That's progress. All on low-carbs (a report on that experiment as soon as I have the time).

--JimmyCool

labhiker

Rest day today.  Hope to  get back at it tomorrow.

Did everyone hear about the recent interview with Dr. Maf on Endurance Planet?  I just heard a little of the interview last night and hope to resume listening during tomorrows workout/ run.  Great stuff and good discussions.  Also, a great podcast worth consideation.

labhiker

BeeRunB

Rest day today.  Hope to  get back at it tomorrow.

Did everyone hear about the recent interview with Dr. Maf on Endurance Planet?  I just heard a little of the interview last night and hope to resume listening during tomorrows workout/ run.  Great stuff and good discussions.  Also, a great podcast worth consideation.

Love Endurance planet. I went through them so fast, so I took a break to let them build up. Time to go back.

Thanks for the reminder, Lab.

Here's the link for the podcast with Dr. Phil.

--JimmyCool

Wandering Wally

6 miles last night.  Whenever I wasn't paying attention my pace would start to pick up.  It all felt good, but without HR information I don't want to be pushing too hard.  New strap should arrive in the next day or so.  Hope that fixes it.  I'll check out Endurance Planet and maybe add it to my regular rotation.

Run!  Just Run!

Wandering Wally

Learned a lesson about too many carbs for lunch during last night's run.  Got all loopy and thought I was going to pass out from the sugar crash.  Henceforth there shall be no Snickers for lunch (I was travelling and that's what I could scrounge up).  I'd be better off having nothing.

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for sharing the link.  I was just discussing the issue today with a friend that said that his HR during the Summer is "off".  I told him exactly what Maff said here: the HR is telling you to SLOW DOWN, silly.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

7 miles last night.  Got the new Polar HR monitor strap, added my Garmin transmitter and it worked great.  No weird readings.  No dropping out.  It just worked.  I treated last night as a MAF test and when I can, I will post the results.  I was pleasantly surprised as to where my pace was versus heart rate even though it was pretty warm and muggy last night.

Run!  Just Run!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I did 2.55 with hubby (run/walk) at 105HR and 2.5 on my own at 142HR and 10:55mm, and weights.  Very nice to see my HR dropping as my pace keeps getting faster in this shitty weather.

I have not done a MAFF test in like forever.  I'll try to do one sometime during my 11 miler tomorrow (maybe miles 3-8) to see how I am.  Last time I was Maffing at 11:40mm so I predict a huge improvement.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

Ended up resting today. Resting heart rate was up and I feel tired today. Pick it up tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone.

To those who are racing: race well! Cool

--Jimmy

Docket_Rocket

Very happy to report that I did a Maff Test today.  It was pouring, 88F and 73 Dewpoint, the headwind appeared during the most important mile and the rain was horizontal (of course into my face!).  I still ran the Maff Mile at 11:16mm and the last time I did this test was in January (I checked) at 11:45mm.  I'm stoked!

Damaris

Fundraising Page