Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys!  Sorry I have been MIA but work has been hideous!  Did 5 miles at 143 on Monday and since then I have done XT (mostly planned since I am tapering for next week's marathon).

I see everybody MAFFING to their heart's content.  Keep it up!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10 mile run turned into 6 mile walk. The good knee started hurting after .5 mile. I put the good knee brace on but it did not help.  68F this morning.Need sleeves and gloves.Hope this weather holders until Saturday.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about the knee.

I went out and did 6 miles in 96F and humid as hell.  HRM was being pinched by the sports bra so I got readings that were too crazy to be believed.  I had even readings at above 200 but my Max is 196.  After I fixed it, it gave me good readings but the average shows as 153.  Pilates this morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

20.5 miles HR 122 / 147

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

BP an issue today. Walked 8.1 miles to reach 200 mile month. Bartram 100 cancelled. RD having logistical problems with the Forestry   service. Pistol 100 in TN 1/3/15 is now the goal.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear BP was an issue, runnerclay.

Hi, guys.  I've been MIA with work and not feeling my best.  I got sick the week of the SF Marathon but thought it was just a cold.  Hahahaha.  I quit the marathon at Mile 18 due to chills, fever, joint pain.  It looks like I caught something like dengue (or similar).  My first run was last night and being on the TM it sucked.  But 3 at 143 HR (MAF).  Not bad.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Goal 15 miles

3 hours sleep. New goal 10.

Forced out of bed to beat the heat( forecast 92F) 5:50 AM

Group run 6:30

R 5.5

W 2.5

R 7.8

CD 1.2

Total  17 miles. The last  2 running miles I went off the normal course to run in the shade. It saved me.

AHR 130~

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

12 miles HR 122 / 146. Did not walk the Killer hill. 50 mile week.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Hey, guys.  This was week 2 of marathon training and it went well.  Running at MAF or below has already showed improvements in pace, so I am happy so far.  46 miles for last week.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

12 miles HR 125/ 161. Not walking the hills.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  This week has been going great, except I had to run too much on the TM due to 100s weather and my knee is wonky.  Did 6 miles at 142 on Monday, 7 at 143HR on Tuesday, and 10 today (6 outside, 4 inside) with 6 progressive miles at 146.  Great runs so far.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5.5 walk  5.5 run  1.1 CD = 12.2

50.7  mile week

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  This week was good, except for a bit of knee soreness a couple of days (I think from the TM).  I was still able to complete 50 miles with two progressive/MP runs and all the rest at or under MAF.  Very happy to see my mojo coming back by running with MAF.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

labhiker

Damaris - nice to hear your mojo is coming back.  My mileage has been down and I could use more mojo myself.

Glad to read everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer runs.

I have not posted for a while however all has been pretty good.  All prior knee issues are gone and no aches or pains.  Have been coming back slow and spending more time working on general strenth training for the legs and hips.

My maf training is down these days however I am slowing trying to get things back and progressively build time on my feet.

5:30 am, 5.2 miles, 123bmp ave.   Nice enjoyable run.

It seems a little odd, my mileage is down however my aerobic training times tend to be quicker?  No complaints - simply surprised.

labhiker

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3. 2 mile walk Snakebite 50 mile tomorrow.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter