Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

Docket_Rocket

Ran 6 at 145HR on Wednesday (damn heat) and 10 with 6 @ 155ish HR on Thursday morning.  Great MP workout.  4 last night with hubby at 119HR.  Not bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3.9 miles 9:30 pace. New course for Sickle Cell 7k in April. Slightly less hilly but not by much. 1.1 mile cool down.HR 143 / 167.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Finished last week (cutback week) with 54 miles and one MP run.  So far, this week: 7.10 miles at 141 HR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wanderingoutlaw

Damaris, I'd be estatic if I ever got to 54 miles on any week, much less a cutback week.

I took most of last week off after the two marathons.  I walked over 5 miles on Saturday.  On Sunday, I went for my first run.  Started out great but then the HR went high and wouldn't go down so I cut back to just 2.4 miles; plus, my feet were still a little tender. I went for another short walk yesterday.  Hope to run this afternoon or evening--probably a short run again.

John

wanderingoutlaw

Ran 3.5 miles this morning, all below MAF.  First run in a long time where I didn't have any high HR alarms.  Hope to have time to run a MAF test this weekend or next week.

John

Docket_Rocket

Ran 10 on the TM with 6 at MP.  The temps inside the house were much nicer than outside (86F) so my HR during the MP was 150 instead of 155.  5 outside at 143 in 85F.  Not happy Summer arrived a while ago.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

It finally got warm here after a cool wet winter.  I have been doing a lot of runs lately with my youngest (2.5 yrs old) being pushed in our double running stroller.

Saturday: (fasted run, no food since 6 pm previous day)

15 miles, 2:23, ~9:32 min/mi (pushing stroller)

Sunday:

10 mile trail run, ~700 ft climbing, 1:40, 10 min/mi

Wednesday:

8 miles, 1:18, 1:18, 9:50 min/mi (pushing stoller)

Average HR for all runs was 135 (MAF 142).

Bandera 100k 2015 or bust!

npaden

Been logging the miles the last few weeks peaking for my first 50 miler coming up in 5 weeks.

Last week was 70.8 miles with a trail marathon on Saturday and followed by 13.7 miles the next day for a total of 40 miles in a 2 day span.

This week has been steady, supposed to do 20 miles today and 14 tomorrow, but I am short 4 miles from my training plan so I may tack that on to one of the runs this weekend.

Yesterday was a nice run, 8.1 miles at a 8:53 avg pace with an avg HR of 140.  That's 4 over MAF for me.

What I was really happy with was that I had almost zero HR drift during the run.

Splits (GPS Interval)
                   TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                  1 Manual 1 mi 8:45.04 8:45.04 8:46 138 148  
                  2 Manual 1 mi 8:54.8 17:39.84 8:55 140 146  
                  3 Manual 1 mi 8:58.46 26:38.3 8:59 139 144  
                  4 Manual 1 mi 8:37.37 35:15.67 8:38 145 149  
                  5 Manual 1 mi 8:58.29 44:13.96 8:59 141 145  
                  6 Manual 1 mi 8:58.94 53:12.9 8:59 140 144  
                  7 Manual 1 mi 9:03.29 1:02:16.19 9:04 140 144  
                  8 Manual 1 mi 8:59.54 1:11:15.73 9:00 139 142  
                  9 Manual 0.12 mi 0:59.27 1:12:15 8:14 142 143

From mile 5 to mile 8 my avg HR actually dropped 2 beats keeping pretty much the exact same pace the entire time.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Winter training looks like it is paying dividends for everyone.

Bear Blaster 50k+(35).miles. On pace to PR the course until mile 19. The decide it was not hearing anymore of my foolishness.dropped from 13 to 20+ minute paces. Mile 24 I discovered if I ran sideways I could mange the declines and run 18:00 pace. The last 6 miles I would turn the right leg 45 degrees on the declines and run a couple 17:00 paces. 55 minutes late,again this year. There was bridge construction. Detoures and I do mix. Bio freeze did not help the knee. Developed some chafing. Thinking maybe the biofreeze will help. Probably a bad idea for sensitive areas.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

wanderingoutlaw

Ron, congrats on the Bear Blaster finish.  A friend of mine ran it this year, also--looks like she finished in 7:24. Hopefully she'll write a little race report for our local trail runner newsletter.

After last Wednesday, I took off a few days from running or walking--mostly due to being too busy.  My wife and I volunteered (at different stops) at the Palmetto 200 relay on Friday and then drove down to see the finish on Saturday. I've run it the past two years and look forward to returning next year.

I finally ran yesterday--started out good at below MAF but rose above for much of the run. So 4.4 miles at above MAF pace.

John

Docket_Rocket

Ron, nice job on the race!

I am behind!  Ran 7 on Wednesday, 20 with 5 below MAF, 10 at 150HR, and the last 5 at MP (155 HR) on Thursday.  It ended up being my fastest 20 miler ever.  It went well.  4 on the TM on Friday, then the Puerto Rico HM with hubby on Sunday.  Last night, I ran 7 at 142HR.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 miles. Did start  watch.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Finished my training for Paris with 20 miles with 12 @ MP.  Toughest thing I have done.  Ran it by pace to see whether the HR would match and it did.  It is starting to feel like my pace is the one.  Sigh, now I'll get nervous for the next two weeks, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5 miles HR 120 / 137

First run of the new month.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Morning!  Finished my training for Paris with 20 miles with 12 @ MP.  Toughest thing I have done.  Ran it by pace to see whether the HR would match and it did.  It is starting to feel like my pace is the one.  Sigh, now I'll get nervous for the next two weeks, ha.

Are you FB friends with Jo Ann Sutton? I can not recall where she live in Florida. She is also running Paris marathon.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter