Low HR Training

HRM gel? (Read 403 times)

TJR

With the colder weather I find that I am getting really wacky HRM readings for the first mile or two.  Normally I wet the electrodes before the run and all is good, but I am guessing that the colder weather is impacting this. 

Is there a gel or cream anyone has had success using?  The two I have come across are Buh-Bump and Spectra 360.

gregw

With the colder weather I find that I am getting really wacky HRM readings for the first mile or two.  Normally I wet the electrodes before the run and all is good, but I am guessing that the colder weather is impacting this. 

Is there a gel or cream anyone has had success using?  The two I have come across are Buh-Bump and Spectra 360.

I've used buh-bump with success.  I used Axiom H.S.E. and it didn't seem to do anything.

jimmyb

I find that sometimes NOT wetting the Gramin it in colder weather helps. Have no clue why.

BUH-Bump ain't bad either.

--Jimmy

Log    PRs

I get this sometimes. Licking the contacts can help, I've not tried any gels. At the moment I'm not using the HRM anyhow as the strap has caused some skin irritation. I guess I'll have to use it sparingly...

TJR

Thanks.  I think I'll give Buh-Bump a try.

A friend mentioned that the issue could also be from static electricity from multiple layers of sythetic tops rubbing together.  Once a little sweat kicks in it kills the static.  Now that I think about it, the wacky reading days do seem to occur on days I have more than one layer on.  Thoughts on this?

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I use Aloe Vera Gel I picked up at Walmart. Mostly works... 

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.