Low HR Training

A runner through and through (Read 292 times)

jimmyb

Here's a link to an article in Running TImes about a friend

and club member back in Rhode Island. Fred is an

amazing guy:

click here

--Jimmy

Log    PRs

Thanks Jimmy.  I enjoyed the article.  I think there is a bit of Fred in all of us. 

I thought it was interesting to hear Fred's observations about how many more woman and older people now run and compete in the races.  I know because I get passed by them all the time.  I once read an article where even Bill Rodgers no longer always wins his own age group.  He said that so many people pick up running now, in their later years, you just have more competition.  He also mentioned that a lot of people who pick it up later in life do not have the same wear and tear on their bodies.

C-R

That was great. 32 months to wear a different shirt for each day. Hah. That's one big closet.

He is certainly right about meeting some very nice and interesting people through running.

Thanks for sharing Jimmy.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

good read. Thanks Jimmy. I may be one of those older late starters he talked about, but it's not likely I'll ever pass him! Roll eyes

bob e v
          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.