Low HR Training

Noob on sight My story (Read 423 times)

bertrand

Hey everyone my name is bertrand,

i am 35. I just wanted to share my story. A year ago i reached 235 lbs and i never really thought i would ever weight so much.  I am 5 11 and realized i was really getting out of shape. I decided to register  in a gym and try to lose  some weight and get better. Eventually i  lost a few pounds but i got some back. I tried to get a coach and get myself into a weight loss challenge but  it never really took off.

A few month ago as i started  my journey to lose that weight i registered for the Chicago marathon.  I wasn't really running at the time but i used to run in my youth. When i was 14 i ran a 10K without really training much for it in 44'19''. Now that was a long time ago and also have done sports here and there i never really had a continuous training.  4 weeks ago i noticed that the marathon was getting closer and i had not started any training. I looked for a good beginner plan online and came across Hal Higdon novice 1 plan and decided to go for it except that i would have to start on week 2 because the event was that close.  So i started to really follow the plan and eventually my love for running came back. The good news is that after all this time i was still able to run 3M or even little more but the pace is just awful. I never thought you could run that slow and actually i can go faster walking at times. I also feel embarrassed when i have trouble overtaking walkers while staying in endurance zone.   On the 3rd week or my training i decided to change a 3M run into a 5K test to see where i stood. I was aiming for 30 min but i fell short finishing in 31'15''. Don't get me wrong i really gave it all and it was a fight but still i was unable to reach a 10k/h pace...

All in all i am now training for my first marathon and i just wish to stay healthy and finish this adventure. It would mean a new beginning for me.

Thanks for reading

I look forward to be a part of your community

Bertrand

PR: 5k  31'15'' (220 lbs)

31min 5K at 220lbs sounds pretty good to me. just lose the weight over a few months and you'll be a lot faster without doing much training. of course, with training, even faster Smile
      good luck with your running!

Consistently Slow

The trick is to get in the slow miles. Go run very early  or very late so you do not feel it necessary to run against others.Make it your goal to make it to the starting line.Run  the marathon slow and even .You will make it  to the finish line in standing. Good luck.

PS: I am running St. Charles IL marathon Sept 18.

Run until the trail runs out.

2014***1500 miles 09/28/14

50miler 13:26:18

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bertrand

The trick is to get in the slow miles. Go run very early  or very late so you do not feel it necessary to run against others.Make it your goal to make it to the starting line.Run  the marathon slow and even .You will make it  to the finish line in standing. Good luck.

PS: I am running St. Charles IL marathon Sept 18.

LOL i live in st charles  i didn't even knew there was a marathon here. Do you live in the area?

Bertrand

Consistently Slow

LOL i live in st charles  i didn't even knew there was a marathon here. Do you live in the area?

Atlanta.

There are  a few charity slots open for the full.

http://www.foxvalleymarathon.com/

PS: They are also doing MP training runs.

Run until the trail runs out.

2014***1500 miles 09/28/14

50miler 13:26:18

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bertrand

Atlanta.

There are  a few charity slots open for the full.

http://www.foxvalleymarathon.com/

PS: They are also doing MP training runs.

Oki very nice for the MP although i still struggle with my long runs. I tend to walk more in the end to not go over MAF. I definitely am not strong  enough yet. Last week it was only a 9 mile run but i ran out of fluid with a 40 oz fuel belt. I bought a camelbak 100 oz should help me for my long runs. Not getting over MAF for those is really a challenge though.

I will be your first supporter on the big day keep in touch Smile

Bertrand