Low HR Training

Starting MAF program Wednesday (Read 344 times)

Kenny B.

Just finished my 3rd marathon (Philly) PR'd with 3:52:54 last year in philly was 4:18:13 and Toronto 8 weeks ago was 4:05:30. My PR was huge for me as I did not hit the wall and ran the last 4 miles with nice negative splits. Also ran the last 13.1 a minute or so faster then the first half. I finished with no apparent injuries or problems. Anyways, I start MAF training tomorrow and I am looking forward to easy LHR training for 12 weeks. I will be doing my first test this Sat and will post results accordingly. I ll be peaking at 60 miles per week and avg about 45 per week.
    "A true master is not suffering, but simply experiencing a set of circumstance that you call insufferable."
    BeeRunB

Congrats on the PR! Keep going! --Jimmy
      Kenny B.

Congrats on the PR! Keep going! --Jimmy
        Thanks. I look forward to posting my finds during MAF.
        "A true master is not suffering, but simply experiencing a set of circumstance that you call insufferable."
          Great job godstrong
            Great race. Finishing the 2nd half a bit faster is fabulous and shows that you likely ran a very smart race with regards to pacing. Best wishes with your training!
            lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Nice progression Godstrong. Congrats. The coveted sub 4! (would be BQ for yours truly) lg
              ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
              Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
              ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
              Kenny B.

Thanks everyone. BQ for me is 3:16 got a long way to go. But I figure 3:52 to 3:39 to 3:25 to 3:16. 3 years Ill be 39. I guess that would work. I am in no rush to BQ. Taking it slow. Enjoying the journey. Like fine wine you need to breath a little no point rushing it. or I can do it 4 years at 40 and BQ at 3:20.

run-easy-race-hard

Thanks everyone. BQ for me is 3:16 got a long way to go. But I figure 3:52 to 3:39 to 3:25 to 3:16. 3 years Ill be 39. I guess that would work. I am in no rush to BQ. Taking it slow. Enjoying the journey. Like fine wine you need to breath a little no point rushing it. or I can do it 4 years at 40 and BQ at 3:20.
                  I had almost exactly the progression you describe. See my marathon time trend in the "my marathons and ultras" link in my signature. I started MAF in about May 2005. Put yourself in my shoes. And you're exactly right.
                  Kenny B.

I had almost exactly the progression you describe. See my marathon time trend in the "my marathons and ultras" link in my signature. I started MAF in about May 2005. Put yourself in my shoes. And you're exactly right.
                    Well then I will be in good company. Thanks.