Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

C-R

Morning,

Back in the saddle. I managed a new treadmill since I ran the other one into the ground (motor and belt failure at same time) but with over 6000 miles on a ProForm, I guess I can't complain. Picked up a nice Liverstrong for next to nothing and it includes a Polar HRM. So now I can run and keep in the zone (plus I hurt my achilles and need to slow down some).

So today it was a morning 2 miler at 10mpm and ahr of 130 (MAF - 3). I will run again tonight and keep the ball rolling.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

labhiker

Congrats on the new toy (treadmill), complete with Polar connection.

Sounds like many hours of fun and great HR feedback.  Thats the one thing I don't like about my treatmill, my Polar wearlink dose not communicate/ sync. with the unit.

Glad to hear your back.  Best of luck.

labhiker

just checking in Smile this year I've been running more often at 150s HR. (which according to the formula is MAF for me). pace in 9's. nice improvements. last couple of months I was not doing basebuilding though, each week 3 runs easy, 2 runs tempo runs/interval runs/some racing. still, 2.5 runs per week totally LHR :P

last week I entered some kind of basebuild for a few weeks using the HR test results from treadmill lactate test done by some coach (not coaching me though, just just got some recommendations for training). assigned HR is significantly higher than 180-age. I'll see how well it works.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, guys.  Did 2.50 with hubby last night (at his pace) and 135HR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

C-R

cmon - 150 happens to be van aaken's marker.

Ran my evening 6 last night at 140 my morning wake up 2 at 135 and my lunch 6.2 at 140.

I forgot how I can do doubles pretty well if I stay in MAF range.

Oh and a quick question - we have a trainer at the soccer club where my boys play. While talking during practice he mentioned that if you refrain from eating for 1 to 2 hours after a run, you can get the body into a light ketosis which helps get to the fat burn. Anyone else hear of this?

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

BeeRunB

Welcome back, Norm and C! Good luck with the new TM, Norm. Heal that arkhillees!

Looking good, C, nice paces at MAF. You're in the land of 3:20-3:30-ish marathon, 1:30's half.

I've been in a heavy yard work phase the past week, and haven't run. After 4 hours yard work in 90°, I find I need 2 days recovery; legs, arms, back, hydration. Should be normal after another week of projects.

--JimmyCool

cmon - 150 happens to be van aaken's marker.

Ran my evening 6 last night at 140 my morning wake up 2 at 135 and my lunch 6.2 at 140.

I forgot how I can do doubles pretty well if I stay in MAF range.

Oh and a quick question - we have a trainer at the soccer club where my boys play. While talking during practice he mentioned that if you refrain from eating for 1 to 2 hours after a run, you can get the body into a light ketosis which helps get to the fat burn. Anyone else hear of this?

yes I remember he had this generic range of 130-150.

doubles are indeed easy at low HR Smile

I would only try this delay in eating if it was a LHR run, in any other case I'm not so sure it's a good idea. I'm thinking of speed of recovery really. I'm not  really worried about low blood sugar myself, but maybe other people would have that issue too? anyway with an LHR run I don't think it matters for recovery if you refrain from eating for a while.

Welcome back, Norm and C! Good luck with the new TM, Norm. Heal that arkhillees!

Looking good, C, nice paces at MAF. You're in the land of 3:20-3:30-ish marathon, 1:30's half.

I've been in a heavy yard work phase the past week, and haven't run. After 4 hours yard work in 90°, I find I need 2 days recovery; legs, arms, back, hydration. Should be normal after another week of projects.

--JimmyCool

hey Smile yes from my training it's looking like I'm in the land of those times.. maybe 1:32 for HM and 3:30 definitely feels doable but I'll see in a few months.Cool (no racing this summer so I have to wait to see)

hope you can get back to running soon! sounds like a good strengthening project Smile

Docket_Rocket

Still keeping my runs short until marathon training starts Monday.  Running some runs at 10bpms below MAF (with hubby) and my runs at Maf.  Still have problems maintaining my HR because the heat and humidity are horrible down here.  But still going.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

C-R

Docket - nice that your hubby can join you. Cool beans. Which marathon?

I got 10 in this morning @9:38 pace and AHR of 140. I'm very pleased with that as its my longest in a couple of months and I will have a 50 mile week for first time in a while. All while nursing an achilles that has responded well to LHR.

Glad I'm getting back to the basics.

Docket_Rocket

Chicago as a goal PR race and the rest for fun.

Docket - nice that your hubby can join you. Cool beans. Which marathon?

I got 10 in this morning @9:38 pace and AHR of 140. I'm very pleased with that as its my longest in a couple of months and I will have a 50 mile week for first time in a while. All while nursing an achilles that has responded well to LHR.

Glad I'm getting back to the basics.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Bike 5 miles 6/29

Bike 10.5 miles 6/30

Peachtree Road race 7/4 goal is to finish. Will mainly walk

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I did 3.50 with husband yesterday (his longest) at 135HR and 13:24mm.  Very happy with his progress.

Marathon training starts tomorrow.  Looking forward to that if I can only stop my HR from rising exponentially as it has been doing lately, bah.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

C-R

4.1 at 138 for some recovery today. Feeling great.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Marathon training started yesterday with 6 miles @ 143HR.  The going was super slow, 11:55mm, but it was 5am and it was already 89F and 77 dewpoint, and I don't run well in the mornings, so I think it was a success.

Damaris

Fundraising Page