Low HR Training

Advice on regression after rest (Read 453 times)

I took 9 days off due to a niggle with my shin/calf and have so far managed two atrocious runs at ~ 70% of my max HR (see log).  Yesterday was really hard and today's was the slowest it has ever been.  Am I probably still injured?

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

I took 9 days off due to a niggle with my shin/calf and have so far managed two atrocious runs at ~ 70% of my max HR (see log).  Yesterday was really hard and today's was the slowest it has ever been.  Am I probably still injured?

if you feel nothing in your legs, it's probably just the 9 days of doing nothing. in a few days you should be coming around.

I looked in your log and I'm not sure what you mean by "hard"? your HR was pretty low, though that's only the averages, were you walk-run'ing that one?

if you feel nothing in your legs, it's probably just the 9 days of doing nothing. in a few days you should be coming around.

I looked in your log and I'm not sure what you mean by "hard"? your HR was pretty low, though that's only the averages, were you walk-run'ing that one?

I just mean it felt hard, it wasn't a "hard run" by any stretch.

Disclaimer: I'm a totally inexperienced newbie and only know what I've read in books and online, so feel free to disregard.

I noteiced in your log that before your injury you've had less days off (for recovery). Maybe this explains the injury and or percieved toughness of those last two runs? If you have had (and have) a lot of stress right now, this combined with less recovery could have brought your body into the first phase of overtraining. Maybe just do some walking until you feel better? You probably know better than me anyway.

Running Blog: On my two feet

I just mean it felt hard, it wasn't a "hard run" by any stretch.

I'm just curious in what way it felt hard? for the legs? lungs?

BeeRunB

Am I probably still injured?

Not sure, but with using a word like "niggle" you are probably still British. Cool

9 days off can cause some aerobic regression in some runners. If you were injured going into the off time, then the regression might have been showing earlier at your MAF, if you did MAF tests--perhaps signaling a return to some pure aerobic base work sans speedwork like races and intervals.

Good luck, Set.

--Jimmy

Thanks all, I think I'll just take it easy for another week or so and see where I'm at then.