Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

BeeRunB

Forgot to say my area has 0ft of elevation and 1% is way  hilly compared to my outside routes.  Not sure that is going to minic my outside or kill me. Lol.

The 1% is to compensate more for the air you're not pushing through inside. If you've been going 0% indoors with AC going, which lowers humidity pretty low, then that is adding to the quickness you're seeing. If you're not use to going at 1% and are thinking of trying, work into a little at a time.  I've been using 1% for many years. 0% for recovery runs.

Your PR marathon looks really good. Even pace throughout and a little faster at the end, and all within a 10 beat range—nice. 42F sure is good marathon weather. My best one was in the 40's as well. Cold hanging out at the start, but soon after just perfect.

TODAY

1:40:00 walk @ 88bpm

5.34 miles

Will be walking a few more days and pick up running again on Thursday-Friday.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Could not breathe well today but went to Pilates and ran 7 at 135HR and 10:40mm. First three miles had the HR high but it settled down.

Your marathon training is always on target. Your asthma like my knee is always the uncontrollable factor in our race times.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

walk 1:00:00

3.2 miles

Docket_Rocket

Clay, I agree.  One day they will obey us during the race, right?

Ran 6 after Pilates yesterday.  133, still on the TM.  One more month, if I am lucky!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Up from a nap to run. Knee a little sore last few days. Will rest another day. Marathon on Labor Day.Would like to go 4:45. Loop course of 5 miles. Need to not take to long at the aid station.

Jimmy registration is food to share.1- 6 loops.Self timing.RD just needs to know you are coming before race morning.

Darkside running club on FB or let me know..

260 Crosstown Dr

Peachtree City,GA

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Up from a nap to run. Knee a little sore last few days. Will rest another day. Marathon on Labor Day.Would like to go 4:45. Loop course of 5 miles. Need to not take to long at the aid station.

Jimmy registration is food to share.1- 6 loops.Self timing.RD just needs to know you are coming before race morning.

Darkside running club on FB or let me know..

260 Crosstown Dr

Peachtree City,GA

Thanks, Ron, can't do this one. Good luck. Get that 4:45!

Watch out for speedy golf carts on those corners.

TODAY:

walk 20:00

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Ron!

13 with 2 X 3 @ 9:14mm.  138 HR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, Ron, can't do this one. Good luck. Get that 4:45!

Watch out for speedy golf carts on those corners.

TODAY:

walk 20:00

Speedy golf carts are bad when drunk people are driving them too!  I've seen that.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

Speedy golf carts are bad when drunk people are driving them too!  I've seen that.

I ran this course Ron will be on a few years back for 25k. This Peachtree City (there's an original Georgian name) has a series of golf cart paths that aren't part of a golf course, but are used by people who live there to get around. And these carts aren't slow. A few times people came zooming around a blind corner and it was too close for me.

TODAY

45:00 walk

2.4 miles

One more day of walking.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 7 OUTSIDE!  Storms started us at 99F with 79 dewpoint (not a typo) and I did my 3 solo in 84F at 10:22mm and 151 HR.  It felt just like the TM except I was sweating three butter sticks and the HR was high.  Other than that, it feels just like the pace I run on the TM.  Which gives me hope.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4 mile walk

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

7.2 miles HR 102 / 124. Mostly walking

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Ran 8 outside last night at 153HR and 10:15mm.  Grrr.  20 with 10 @ MP + 10% on the TM today with 138 HR.  Much better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

Ran 8 outside last night at 153HR and 10:15mm.  Grrr.  20 with 10 @ MP + 10% on the TM today with 138 HR.  Much better.

You like to say Grrr.  That's because you're a grrrl.

TODAY

45:00 run

17:00 walk

4 miles

Back to running! Didn't lose too much fitness, the walking helped.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Darkside Labor Day race. Marathon # 60 at 60. Four months late. 5:58:30. It took all I had to finish.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter