Low HR Training

Monthly progress (Read 701 times)

You are currently running 10:20ish pace at MAF, and you weigh 196 at 5'8". I'm beginning to think you have some talent there! By the time you get to your Goal weight, you might be looking at 8:30-9:00, or better. Which means 3:20-3:30 comes into the marathon picture, and breaking 4:00 will be a breeze.

Keep going, and please keep posting. Thanks for all this. 

--jimmy

Not sure about the talent part, but as for weight and height, I'll add that as a younger man I was heavily into power lifting and body building. I would like to lose another 20 pounds so we'll see where that gets me in the race and MAF pace arena.

My body stats according to an on line body fat calculator using tape measurements are:

17.5% body fat

34.2 lbs fat

161.8 lbs lean (muscle, bone, body water)

41 male

5'8"

39" waist

42" hips

13.2: forearm

7.4" wrist

18.6" calves

I'm seriously thinking about going to St. Cloud State University's Human Performance Lab and getting a VO2 Max test and body composition test performed soon. I'm not sure if they do an RQ test along with it, but I'll have to find out. I would then like to do another one after the marathon in October.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

gregw

I'm seriously thinking about going to St. Cloud State University's Human Performance Lab and getting a VO2 Max test and body composition test performed soon. I'm not sure if they do an RQ test along with it, but I'll have to find out. I would then like to do another one after the marathon in October.

Measuring RQ is fundamental to the VO2max test, so the machine is measuring it.  It's just a question of whether they record it and provide it to you.  (Note:  I haven't actually done one!)