Low HR Training

"Race Report & Upcoming Races" Thread (Read 7775 times)

Tennesotans

I have a race report too Smile

I improved the PR by almost 2minutes, not too bad I guess. it was 21:47 Smile 7:00 min/mile pace Smile

average HR was 197, max HR 208bpm, after stopping 209bpm.

Amazing numbers! Congrats on the new PR Smile

There are hummingbirds will lower pulse rates...Wink

I improved the PR by almost 2minutes, not too bad I guess. it was 21:47 Smile 7:00 min/mile pace Smile 

Two minutes improvement for a 5k is awesome.  Congratulations.  Was a lot of the improvement due to straightening out the iron deficiency you had?  Or did you do anything else different recently with your training (such as increase mileage and/or intensity, etc.)?  Or was it just simply due to sticking to LHR training and reaping the long term benefits?

Two minutes improvement for a 5k is awesome.  Congratulations.  Was a lot of the improvement due to straightening out the iron deficiency you had?  Or did you do anything else different recently with your training (such as increase mileage and/or intensity, etc.)?  Or was it just simply due to sticking to LHR training and reaping the long term benefits?

thanks to all of you. Smile

I started training at the end of july. I started out at 1 hour 75% vVO2max runs 5 times a week, then added 100m all-out sprints twice a week to get the legs moving, then added a few intervals, 2 a week (still 5 runs total a week), but I did not really do many interval workouts because the race was coming up pretty soon. so I would not say this was full preparation but it was okay Smile I did notice I got faster during this training so it was not just from the fixed iron deficiency.

mileage is 30-35mpw for now. will increase as time goes on.

LHR will be after race season for winter base building.

Tennesotans

I developed acute patella tendonitis two weeks before my marathon.

I iced and medicated (three times a day), I visited the doctor and even

went to PT (I have a glut imbalance that may be causing the knee stress). 

I decided this morning that 26.2 was too much for the knee and scratched.

I hope to return to training in a week or so (I see the PT this Friday).

"...some times you're the Louisville Slugger, sometimes you're the ball..."

(any Dire Straits fans?).  Wink

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I developed acute patella tendonitis two weeks before my marathon.

I iced and medicated (three times a day), I visited the doctor and even

went to PT (I have a glut imbalance that may be causing the knee stress). 

I decided this morning that 26.2 was too much for the knee and scratched.

I hope to return to training in a week or so (I see the PT this Friday).

"...some times you're the Louisville Slugger, sometimes you're the ball..."

(any Dire Straits fans?).  Wink

Been there. Went from the full to the half and was glad a did. Knee started hurting at mile 6.There is always tomorrow.Good luck on your recovery.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Tennesotans

Been there. Went from the full to the half and was glad a did. Knee started hurting at mile 6.There is always tomorrow.Good luck on your recovery.

Thanks runnerclay Smile

I'll start cross training tomorrow!

Long time no post. I trained at MAF- 15-25 HR due to a mild pull at the left achille August and September. I am glad that my 10 K speed was not harmed by this type of training. Another surprise was my HR being lower  than my expectations. 3rd out of 56 in the 50-54 AG.

Healthy running to everyone.  Oguz.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Oguz--Congrats.Awesome time. 40:56 Cool

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Thanks runnerclaySmile.  Honestly, I was expecting 42: something. My HR average was also surprisingly low; 163. I think this is inline with what Maffetone tells; as aerobic condition develops margin between MAF HR and racing HR lessens.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Thanks runnerclaySmile.  Honestly, I was expecting 42: something. My HR average was also surprisingly low; 163. I think this is inline with what Maffetone tells; as aerobic condition develops margin between MAF HR and racing HR lessens.

AHR for my 10K was 172. HR 163 Cool

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Long time no post. I trained at MAF- 15-25 HR due to a mild pull at the left achille August and September. I am glad that my 10 K speed was not harmed by this type of training. Another surprise was my HR being lower  than my expectations. 3rd out of 56 in the 50-54 AG.

Healthy running to everyone.  Oguz.

Nice run, Oguz.. Breaking 41:00 is awesome. That time would land you top 3 (50-55 AG) in many races, and give you first in just as many. Now that we share an age group, I'll do my best to give you some competition! THough at the moment, you would be already driving home with a coffee and a muffin (mmmmm muffins) by the time I cross the finish line. About MAF hurting speed, it doesn't at all. That's because it is not about running slow at the same speed all the time, but about running faster and faster at the same HR! Looks like you are training well. Keep going!

--Jimmy

hey all, I got a new 10K PR! Smile

43:48!

I'm soo happy! Smile

details:

the race had some very little hills but overall pretty flat especially the second part. weather was really cold (it cooled down in preparation for winter, it was pretty warm even a week ago!).

average HR 191, max HR 202.

btw, it was only 191 because I had no time to warm up so I could not start too fast, I was around 7:05-7:10 pace, so my HR didn't go high right away. muscles felt better after halfway so I switched gears after that. last 2000m in 6:45-6:50, average pace for the whole race was 7:03.

splits: pace varied when it wasn't completely flat but first 5k was about 22:14 and second 5K was about 21:33..yes that's a new though unofficial and not all-out 5K PR lol.

HR splits per 1000m: 171, 184, 189, 190, 192, 195, 196, 197, 199, 201.

Wow - I thought your 5k time was brill but this is even better!

BeeRunB

I'm soo happy! Smile

details:

the race had some very little hills but overall pretty flat especially the second part. weather was really cold (it cooled down in preparation for winter, it was pretty warm even a week ago!).

btw, it was only 191 because I had no time to warm up so I could not start too fast, I was around 7:05-7:10 pace, so my HR didn't go high right away. muscles felt better after halfway so I switched gears after that. last 2000m in 6:45-6:50, average pace for the whole race was 7:03.

splits: pace varied when it wasn't completely flat but first 5k was about 22:14 and second 5K was about 21:33..yes that's a new though unofficial and not all-out 5K PR lol.

C,

Congratulations on the PR. Looking at the HR alone, it shows you ran a smart race and finished strong. You have made a remarkable comeback from a kick in your hemoglobic derriere. I would venture to say that this is only the beginning and you have many years of improvement to come.

--JimmyCool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I'm soo happy! Smile

details:

WTG! I am glad I do not have to race against you. Negative split. WOW!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter