Low HR Training

Newbie Question (Read 291 times)

Hello I have very recently started MAF training I also do 3 classes a week Body Combat And Body Pump is doing these classes going to slow down my results.My weelky mileage is 20 hoping to build up each week.

run-easy-race-hard

Hello I have very recently started MAF training I also do 3 classes a week Body Combat And Body Pump is doing these classes going to slow down my results.My weelky mileage is 20 hoping to build up each week.
      I guess it depends on the intensity of your workouts and how it compares to your weekly volume. There's a good chance that 3 classes a week is a comparable volume to 20 miles a week, so if you're significantly in the anaerobic regime, it will certainly interfere. Perhaps it will give some idea if you check your heart rate profile over the period of a class.
        Oh man, I took that Body Pump class once with my wife. Just me and a roomful of women. Feeling all superior, I blasted the class. The next day, I was a jelly-kneed mess. Wifey was a ray of sunshine. Humbling. I know it's off topic, but props to you. It's a tough class (at least it is when Jeannie's at the wheel at Gold's).