Low HR Training

No running for last 8 days (Read 530 times)

I've been a complete slug for 8 days.  Just walked the dog, maybe a few miles a day the whole time, no running, no nuthin'.  Missed my long run this past weekend too. 

According to the doc yesterday, I may have some sort of anemia, thyroid problem and blood sugar issues--I'm sleeping a ton (9 hours+) but want to sleep more, have no energy, and a constant headache.  Get all my blood test results tomorrow but since I've been anemic before (when I was a vegetarian), these symptoms seem to fit.  The thyroid thing is ongoing but I'll find out what to do tomorrow.  So I've lacked energy and I'm irritated with myself for having no energy to get out and move, which of course gives me more energy.  Make sense?  Tonight I'll do a short run come hell or high water.  I need to get back on the horse.  I was supposed to do my third Maff test last night but didn't.  I just started taking iron last night so I'm hoping that kicks in quickly.  Should I change my user name to Slugfest?

Runner and writer with a pesky day job. http://memoirsandhalftruths.wordpress.com/ "Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -- H. T.Whitman
    jdazzle

i am also in a running drought for 9 days... we may have to form a slug team at this rate...  i've got to get a few runs in before this sunday's 10 mile race...
      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Is it Spring Fever? I only ran 4 days last week.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

I've been a complete slug for 8 days.  Just walked the dog, maybe a few miles a day the whole time, no running, no nuthin'.  Missed my long run this past weekend too. 

According to the doc yesterday, I may have some sort of anemia, thyroid problem and blood sugar issues--I'm sleeping a ton (9 hours+) but want to sleep more, have no energy, and a constant headache.  Get all my blood test results tomorrow but since I've been anemic before (when I was a vegetarian), these symptoms seem to fit.  The thyroid thing is ongoing but I'll find out what to do tomorrow.  So I've lacked energy and I'm irritated with myself for having no energy to get out and move, which of course gives me more energy.  Make sense?  Tonight I'll do a short run come hell or high water.  I need to get back on the horse.  I was supposed to do my third Maff test last night but didn't.  I just started taking iron last night so I'm hoping that kicks in quickly.  Should I change my user name to Slugfest?

Ouch on the anemia and other imbalances. I'm not sure how much you were running, but it can cause anemia in some women and they need to supplement and eat iron-rich animal foods, and sometimes we can overdo with the quicky carbs, as  our bodies crave recovery calories. Whatever the cause, I hope you get back to health and balance soon!  Perhaps, you should change your name to LazarusChick! HealthChick! ChickayDeZoomZoom! 

--Jimmy

I'm happy to report I got my ass in gear and ran last night, well with about 1/3 walking, went about 2.5 miles, nothing to write home about but at least I was moving! 

I'm on day 3 of taking Floradix Liquid Iron and placebo effect or not, I feel better, a lot more focused at work too.  I'll go out after work for another run tonight, although they are predicting 70 mph winds in my neck of the woods.  I'll call it off if I see a cow go by in the air...

The high rise I'm sitting in is rocking and rolling already-with creaking windows.  Some kind of snowstorm blowing towards us.

More later,

Lazurus Chick

Runner and writer with a pesky day job. http://memoirsandhalftruths.wordpress.com/ "Don't ask yourself what the world needs - ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -- H. T.Whitman
            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

70 mph. No thanks. Glad to see you up and moving.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

yeah, you're very brave! Big grin
                  Yeah, kind of breezy to say the least, tree branches down even.  Well I'm still digesting my favorite salad of baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced cukes, jicama, red cabbage, cashew pieces and sunflower seeds with yogurt dressing and part of a broiled chicken that I ate an hour ago.  I'll give it another hour and I'm sure things will calm down out there.  It's kind of crazy.  There's always a walk and then a run tomorrow.