Low HR Training

New to LHRT, loving it! (Read 186 times)

Hartlin

Hey, I just thought I'd drop a line in this group because I've spent so much time reading everything in here for the past few months. I started running more competitivly about a year ago and had some success with just running whatever, whenever and for however long, then I started to plateau and doing more tempo runs with minimal sucess other then sore legs. I saw a post about LHRT, and coincidentaly got a new polar watch with heart rate monitor around the same time, so I started digging for atricles and information about this type of training. I love it! My milage has increased because I can run more often, at first it was brutally slow but I am seeing improvements with getting faster and putting out less or the same effort as before, and the kicker, I'm only running at 70-75% so I know I've got a lot in the tank when it does come time for races. Right now I'm still really working on building a really solid base from now until May when I have the years first half-marathon, I plan on running that more like just a traning run and trying to keep my heart rate lower throughout the race then once the season picks up I'l be racing more often and trying to go out for PR's and hopefully move onto the marathon distance. Anyways, I really just wanted to share my excitment and thanks for all the information on this forum. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions when it comes to race season and how I should prepare myself.
    BeeRunB

Welcome, Hartlin. You'll get a lot of support in this UG. Enjoy your new training! --Jimmy