Low HR Training

Hi Steve. Just Found Out About This Forum. Just Joined. Hi All! (Read 967 times)

BeeRunB

Hi Steve and the rest of you lovely fat-burners. Not sure the MAF thread at Coolrunning is going to survive, plus don't like the changes. Jesse the Aerobigod put the bug in my ear about this group you started, and it looks great. So I joined and am ready to start connecting with other humans through better fat-burning. I've been heart-rate training since 2004, starting with Hadd, moving to Pfitzinger, and have been a Maffetone disciple since late 2005.Doing the MAF training brought my marathon down to 3:22 at age 46. Getting there. Currently I am in a prolonged base period as I wanted to dedicate at least 6-8 months to a complete rebuild. My paces are coming down. My goal is to make a PR at the Vermont City Marathon in May. I plan to enter the anaerobic phase of the training at the end of February. This will entail a weekly anaerobic (according to Maffetone's definition) run, alternating a lactate threshold run (20-40 minutes at 87-90% MHR) one week with a marathon race pace tempo (8-12 miles) the next. The rest of my mileage will be at MAF (134 bpm) or under.There might be a race or two replacing those runs. So that's the scoop. I look forward to contributing. --Jimmy
    db7

Welcome. There are some VERY knowledgable people here to share thoughts and opinions with. Glad you are here. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

BeeRunB

Thanks, DB. You're my first new friend in this neighborhood. Want to go play? I plan to be sucking dry the brains of Jesse, Steve, and whoever else dwarfs my slow twitch fibers. On occasion I'll be Mr. Know-it-all, so be prepared. Big grin Oh my god, I just used my first emoticon ever. I just crossed a line, and can never go back. --Jimmy
          I'm also a MAF refugee from Cool Running. Glad that Jimmy has made the leap, don't let his humbleness fool you, he is very knowledgeable. Now if we can get Jesse to come as well. http://www.bbqandbq.blogspot.com
          BeeRunB

I'm also a MAF refugee from Cool Running. Glad that Jimmy has made the leap, don't let his humbleness fool you, he is very knowledgeable. Now if we can get Jesse to come as well. http://www.bbqandbq.blogspot.com
            Hey Russ! Thanks. I think Jesse posts here under another name, as I am now doing (Jimmyb!) How's it going with the MAF training? Keeping sane? --Jimmy

Master of Inconsistency

Hi guys , Another coolrunning refugee, trying MAF out for the first time. I went by the handle Gregbadlegs over there. I had been giving weekly reports over there and asked a few questions. Right now ,after 3 weeks, I am averaging slightly under 12 min per mile and running 35 mpw. I am hoping to transfer my data over here. BTW : Jimmy , this does look a lot better than Active! Smile Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

BeeRunB

Hi Greg. Just for the fact that this forum fits my browser and is centered, it's better. Simpler as well. Plus Ultrasteve has created a nice spot. Look forward to your reports. Sub 12 isn't bad. Won't be long before you're sub-11. Less stress in the winter. --Jimmy

Master of Inconsistency

Thanks Jim ,going running right now , I just have to get used to using the log here even though I use a notebook as a back up . I m going to import my data over here from coolrunning. Greg

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

Jimmy, Thanks for the link to this site. I just e-mailed my training log.
                      Me too from CR. I was really new in CR, but I liked the MAF principle and decided that after my present training program is finished I will try 16 weeks MAF. Great to see some of CRers in here. I loved the CR community and I learned a lot during my short stay there. Looking forward to be in here Blush
                      BeeRunB

Jimmy, Thanks for the link to this site. I just e-mailed my training log.
                        Welcome, Bdags. Look forward to your posts.
                        BeeRunB

Me too from CR. I was really new in CR, but I liked the MAF principle and decided that after my present training program is finished I will try 16 weeks MAF. Great to see some of CRers in here. I loved the CR community and I learned a lot during my short stay there. Looking forward to be in here Blush
                          16 weeks of MAF will do you well, if you don't go insane. If you do go insane, you'll probably just become an Ultrarunner. They function well in society. Look forward to your posts and first whine about the slowness. --Jimmy
                          Stealth26.2beta

Hi yall! This is more like it! Glad to see some familiar names.....Hey Jimmy ,Jesse, glad to see your still at it. I just joined also Smile I haven't been able to check in as often as I would have liked in the past few months due to schedule conflicts, ect, you know.... Anyway to my surprise when I went to fill out mylog and no log..... Looks like Stealth26 has been upgraded to Stealth26.2beta, a very unstable version. Big grin. Like I ever really was! Again I'm really glad to see some familiar names, I'm still trying to get my data....seemes the seamless transition wasn't so seamless....Hmmmmmm! Take care all and happy holidays! Stealth26.2beta
                              Welcome to RA all of you CR refugees! Glad to have you guys here.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

t_runner

I was on CR a long long time ago, guess I made a smart move coming over here a couple years ago! I never really got involved with the community there, was just there to log my runs, but I have gotten semi-addicted to the forums here, in particular, this group!
                                16 weeks of MAF will do you well, if you don't go insane. If you do go insane, you'll probably just become an Ultrarunner. They function well in society.
                                Love this quote! I am about 10 weeks in.. and just signed up for my first ultra yesterday... I was only feeling crazy going that slow for about a week or two. Once I saw how I felt afterwards, and how I could run multiple days in a row with no pain, and how I could increase my mileage beyond what I had ever run, and still feel good, I began to love it (well, I had a few more pride-swallowing moments, but overall, I loved it)! I am still functioning in (non-running) society, but I can see that changing in a few more months. Smile Welcome to all the refugees!