Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23290 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.1 miles no HRM. Pace 16:30

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I did 6 @ 142 HR (11:45mm) yesterday but the asthma was pretty bad and I didn't like them.  Today, I did 10 @ 147 and 11:14mm but the asthma was pretty bad and I had a nosebleed.  This week sucks.  Just letting you know, LOL.

Hope everybody is having a better week than me!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hi, guys.  I did 6 @ 142 HR (11:45mm) yesterday but the asthma was pretty bad and I didn't like them.  Today, I did 10 @ 147 and 11:14mm but the asthma was pretty bad and I had a nosebleed.  This week sucks.  Just letting you know, LOL.

Nosebleed.Yay, that is bad. Take care.

6.5 miles+ 1C/D129 /145

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

How are your elbows? How are your earlobes? How are your hair follicles? How are you hammer, anvil and stirrups? How are you pinkies? How's your uvula? How's your left ulna? How are your rods and cones? How are your retinas? How your understanding of the hallucinatory nature of existence going? Just looking for the full, unedited story, Damaris. Smile

ME:

12 mile walk

40 miles walking for the week

My elbows are good. My earlobes are sagging. My hair follicles are whiter than Antarctica. My hammers are good, anvils cool, but my stirrups have been a bit buzzy this week. My pinkies have almond butter on them.  My uvula has almond butter on it. My rods and cones are currently set to one million colors. My retinas are currently attached. My understanding of the hallucinatory nature of existence---well, at mile 11 during tonight's long walk, I did see Patrick Swayze appear on the blank wall that I had been staring at for three hours and twenty minutes. He wanted me to do some pottery with him in the 5th dimension, but I told him I'm a 4th dimension ceramics kind of guy. He disappeared into a white light saying "the pork you fry, you take it  with you."  Last week, he appeared and grabbed my stick of Bodyglide that I had thrown in the corner, and before disappearing, he said "No one puts Bodyglide in the corner!" Based on these events, I think I'm about a 6 out a scale of 10 (in my understanding of the hallucinatory nature of life), and need to pick up a copy of Road House and watch it, so maybe next week he'll invite me to play with The Jeff Healey Band in any dimension.  I need to start controlling these things. There's my full, unabridged report.Smile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Jimmy ,looks like you had a great week and a very mellow  12 miler.

9 miles HR130 /150. Group run. Too exhausted for the 1 mile back to the house.Stole a ride..

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Yeesh, that put's my achy hip/leg into perspective : )

9 miles at 122 (MAF is 123), 16:28 pace.  I let my hr stay up at 125-127 a little longer.  Felt ok except for the pesky left hip. Half marathon next weekend.

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5.9 mile + 2.1 mile walk HR 120/135

1st 30 mile week in awhile that did not include a marathon Big grin

Now I just need to stay consistent.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

5 mile walk

Feet good today. Yesterday, I was pooped from Friday night's 3:44:00 walk.

--Jimmy

Docket_Rocket

LOL, guys.  Other than the asthma and the nosebleeds, I am fine.  I think the nosebleeds are caused by one of the meds.

I took two days off but ran today.  10 miles in the morning at 142 and 11:45mm and 10 miles in the afternoon at 145 (perfect!) and 11:08mm.  I feel much better after that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

9.5 mile walk

2:44

Cool

npaden

7.1 miles, 10:03 avg pace, 139 avg HR.  (MAF is 136).

Still struggle to run at MAF, I just get into an easy rhythm and have a hard time slowing it down that last little bit.

Was pretty happy with my HR creep on this run tonight though.

Splits (GPS Interval)
                         TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                        1 Manual 1 mi 9:51.8 9:51.8 9:52 140 147  
                        2 Manual 1 mi 9:49.54 19:41.34 9:50 139 145  
                        3 Manual 1 mi 10:18.61 29:59.95 10:19 140 145  
                        4 Manual 1 mi 10:16.08 40:16.03 10:17 138 143  
                        5 Manual 1 mi 10:01.63 50:17.66 10:02 139 143  
                        6 Manual 1 mi 10:01.95 1:00:19.61 10:02 138 142  
                        7 Manual 1 mi 9:59.64 1:10:19.25 10:00 137 141  
                        8 Manual 0.1 mi 0:58.76 1:11:18.01 9:48 136 138

To be 100% honest, miles 3 and 4 were into a slight 7 mph breeze and miles 6 and 7 were with the breeze, but I'm still pretty happy with it.  Also it was 69 degrees when I started and 61 degrees when I finished after sunset.  I ate a big supper right before I went on the run so I felt a little bloated starting out and as I got farther into the run I felt better and better.  I think all the miles I'm running on my marathon training might be starting to pay off though!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

3.99 mi in 59:48

after .5 mi warmup 14:43 pace, avg hr 121, max 133

a good run although I was ticked that my allotted 60 minutes ended at 3.99, that's the downside of the treadmill : )

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1  mile walk TM

20 minutes weights Smile

1 mile walk TM

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

9.5 mile walk

Cool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4 mile walk

Jimmy, are you training for a race?

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter