Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

BeeRunB

44:00 run

25:00 run

3.86 miles

MAF test today. Improvement over last week, but still have a ways to come back.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.9 miles HR 119 / 135

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

15 miles HR 110 /139

1 mile C/D

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys. Even with this cough, I ran 44 miles last week. Started prednisone on Saturday and it has helped me

not feel like this asthma is never leaving.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DaMacca

Easy 10 km in 1hr 04 min (6:22 min/km av.).  Dew point was 26 degrees C.

Docket_Rocket

I'm kind of ignoring my HR right now outside (gasp!) as I cannot get it under control even though the effort feels nice and easy.  It is all that coughing.  Every time I cough, even the Fitbit puts me at above 100 HR instead of my normal 70 so I assume it will pass.  And the wind.

Ran 7 last night at 10:30mm and 153 HR.  And that should have been at 142.  Oh, well.  At least the TM likes me and has me still at a good HR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

40:00 run

10:00 walk

2.78 miles

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3 mile run

.5 walk

No HRM--12:00 pace.Over maff for sure.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

40:00 run

12:00 walk

2.73 miles

zone 115-120 bpm (MAF-10)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Did Pilates and 4 on Tuesday and they went OK.  Back on prednisone and finally feel like the cough is getting better.  Had a tough (meaning hard) Pilates workout yesterday and no running.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

Hi, guys.  Did Pilates and 4 on Tuesday and they went OK.  Back on prednisone and finally feel like the cough is getting better.  Had a tough (meaning hard) Pilates workout yesterday and no running.

Glad the cough is fading, Damaris. Keep going in that direction! 

42:00 run

10:00 walk

2.94 miles

zone 115-120 bpm

Ginsling

Slowpoke

Hello everyone

ghosting the group for the last few weeks before jumping in yesterday with a request to Jimmy (kindly answered) about my MAF HR.

Based on his advice I ran my long slow today as:

16km (warmup 2km, warm down 1km);

HR averaged 139 (one spike at 152, but generally splits were around 140 - nightmare to manage keeping the HR down for the last few kms);

temperature was 30 degrees Celsius, humidity 90% (I live on the equator);

embarrassingly slow.

The hardest thing is not to break out in a faster run but to keep going with fast tiny steps.  Not sure if anyone else might have experienced this - it's the hamstrings and soleus that feel it.  Used to training long slow strides, low cadence, without a heel strike.

PS (hence the edit) - mouth closed, nose breathing only, and ran fasted (as for all runs).

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Had Pilates and 7 with 2 at MP.  The HR for the MP miles were 164 and 172 instead of 155.  I asked hubby about that.  He told me not to pay attention to HR while on prednisone because the higher blood levels will cause it to be super high.  Great.  I'll have to wing this marathon on Sunday, yay!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

BeeRunB

Hello everyone

ghosting the group for the last few weeks before jumping in yesterday with a request to Jimmy (kindly answered) about my MAF HR.

Based on his advice I ran my long slow today as:

16km (warmup 2km, warm down 1km);

HR averaged 139 (one spike at 152, but generally splits were around 140 - nightmare to manage keeping the HR down for the last few kms);

temperature was 30 degrees Celsius, humidity 90% (I live on the equator);

embarrassingly slow.

The hardest thing is not to break out in a faster run but to keep going with fast tiny steps.  Not sure if anyone else might have experienced this - it's the hamstrings and soleus that feel it.  Used to training long slow strides, low cadence, without a heel strike.

PS (hence the edit) - mouth closed, nose breathing only, and ran fasted (as for all runs).

I thought Georgia was bad. There's always someone who has it worse. That would be you. 

TODAY:

42:00 run

2.33 miles

Posted new Crusted Salt comic (slightly NSFW) in case anyone is interested.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.3 miles HR 120 /135

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter