Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

7.1 miles 14:23 pace with out a running partner

13.1 miles 13:13 pace with running partner and with out water

Running alone keeps the HR in check.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I was having a nice week last week and then got sick.  Did not run for 4 days, but I managed 10 at 140 HR last night after Pilates.  Hope everybody is doing well.  Quiet time at the office is coming up next week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

12 miles ahr 122. Tapering.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

6 at 136HR.  I don't think I've ever run at this low HR EVER.  Very happy to see nice HR and pace readings.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10 + 1 miles. AHR 124. Pace 12:35. Pace was really easy. Should have bee closer to 13:15. MAFF 121.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

PADRunner

15 this morning. 128 hr 14:00mm Still having to walk to keep the hr down. Just brief 10-15 sec breaks depending on the grade.

From the Internet.

12.21 miles, average HR 148, pace 11:21. Had a 4-mile stretch under 11:00 pace in the middle where it was reasonably flat. This Maffetone business is great - I brought no fuel with me, didn't even start to get hungry until mile 9, could have kept going at the end.

Monitor was obnoxious today even though I washed the strap Friday - lots of crazy spikes up to 157 and then dropped back to 149-152 with no perceived change in effort. Just ignored it after the first couple times it happened.

From the Internet.

Second MAF test today - doing it on a route that I know will be clear enough to run all winter, will switch to doing it on the high school track in the spring. ~20 minute warmup and a short cooldown at the end, 6.2 miles total, overall average HR 147.

12/1/14 pace 12/1/14 average HR 12/23/14 pace 12/23/14 average HR
                  Mile 1 12:08 150 11:33 151
                  Mile 2 12:37 151 12:01 152
                  Mile 3 11:55 151 11:32 152
                  Mile 4 11:54 151 11:14 151

Not too bad! Smile I think some of the speed increase was just from figuring out how to keep HR at MAF this time around as evidenced by the average HR, but some of it surely was also aerobic improvement over the last few weeks.

Nice improvements!  Time for another race?

Second MAF test today - doing it on a route that I know will be clear enough to run all winter, will switch to doing it on the high school track in the spring. ~20 minute warmup and a short cooldown at the end, 6.2 miles total, overall average HR 147.

12/1/14 pace 12/1/14 average HR 12/23/14 pace 12/23/14 average HR
                    Mile 1 12:08 150 11:33 151
                    Mile 2 12:37 151 12:01 152
                    Mile 3 11:55 151 11:32 152
                    Mile 4 11:54 151 11:14 151

Not too bad! Smile I think some of the speed increase was just from figuring out how to keep HR at MAF this time around as evidenced by the average HR, but some of it surely was also aerobic improvement over the last few weeks.

From the Internet.

Nice improvements!  Time for another race?

Not yet, going to be patient and wait until March and/or April to race again. I have my first half in May so I just want to build up miles for a couple more months!

PADRunner

Looks good.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Lauren170-- nice numbers.

4 miles. Knee a bit sore. AVG 131. Up and down the same incline. Kept expecting a downpour.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Running Rev'd

Hello! I'm new to posting here, and I've been following Maffetone since the beginning of December. I wrapped up my first triathlon season this past year and am looking to get stronger and go longer.

Today I ran with my husband, 3.1 miles in 35:25 with an average HR of 147. 11:19 pace is definitely creeping down from what I was able to run when I started a few weeks ago, especially with the hills in middle Tennessee.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Oh, hai! Glad to see you made it AND making progress! 

Hello! I'm new to posting here, and I've been following Maffetone since the beginning of December. I wrapped up my first triathlon season this past year and am looking to get stronger and go longer.

Today I ran with my husband, 3.1 miles in 35:25 with an average HR of 147. 11:19 pace is definitely creeping down from what I was able to run when I started a few weeks ago, especially with the hills in middle Tennessee.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Running Rev'd

I've been lurking but figured I might as well jump in and post!

Saturday I did a bike/run brick: 90 minutes on the bike trainer (avg HR 142) with nearly 40 minutes at threshold watts, followed by a 4 mile run (44:30, avg HR 147). Running off the bike is so much easier on Maffetone.

Sunday I swam 2000 yds in about 37 minutes but no HR data from that.

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."