Low HR Training

Non GPS HRM (Read 466 times)

Wasatch Speedgoat

I am not sure which Garmin it is, but he has issues with his and told me that he has read of others having the same problem.

I've been using this same Polar transmitter (chest strap) every day for about 5 years and I average 15 hours a week of training year round....it has never failed me, as long as I am sure to put water on it before I start.The watch battery will run out, but the strap is the original and I'm probably getting close to the end of it's life, but it worked again fine today on my noon hour run.

I'll be sure to not get the newer polar strap if it has a replaceable battery. These have always leaked on me and zapped the battery. One Timex model the transmitter was fried from sweat. I even tried wrapping the transmitter with plastic wrap and the sweat still found it's way into the battery compartment. The sealed strap from Polar is the best, as far as I'm concerned.

Steve

Life is short, play hard!

I am not sure which Garmin it is, but he has issues with his and told me that he has read of others having the same problem.

I've been using this same Polar transmitter (chest strap) every day for about 5 years and I average 15 hours a week of training year round....it has never failed me, as long as I am sure to put water on it before I start.The watch battery will run out, but the strap is the original and I'm probably getting close to the end of it's life, but it worked again fine today on my noon hour run.

I'll be sure to not get the newer polar strap if it has a replaceable battery. These have always leaked on me and zapped the battery. One Timex model the transmitter was fried from sweat. I even tried wrapping the transmitter with plastic wrap and the sweat still found it's way into the battery compartment. The sealed strap from Polar is the best, as far as I'm concerned.

Steve

15hrs/week for 5 years? awesome battery life! maybe I should get one of those straps then... I plan to use my RS200 for swimming/cycling. apparently, swimming isn't really feasible with the garmin 305. I don't sweat too much but I guess it could be a problem with swimming based on your description...

Wasatch Speedgoat

I'm sure any replaceable battery transmitter would not be good submerged under water! That's one good thing about the sealed transmitter...I'm sure soon mine will die on me and supposedly they will replace the battery if I mail it in, but it is worn and a new one will be nice...that is as long as I can still get the sealed ones! Shocked

Life is short, play hard!
        jimmyb

Steve

Hey Steve,

GOod to see you're still around.

I've yet to have a Polar strap die. I 've had the same one for 4 years or so, and

the ones that came with the treadmill keep going as well (my wife uses those).

I've changed the watch battery  2 times.

--Jimmy

Log    PRs

Hey Steve,

GOod to see you're still around.

I've yet to have a Polar strap die. I 've had the same one for 4 years or so, and

the ones that came with the treadmill keep going as well (my wife uses those).

I've changed the watch battery  2 times.

--Jimmy

is yours the plastic or the textile one? I had the latter version die on me, but they replaced it in 5mins for me (service center is in the same city where I live). so that was a good experience with customer service.