Low HR Training

MARCO - pace/HR band calculator for a marathon (Read 1696 times)

gregw

http://eifler.com/  This actually came quite close to my marathon HR profile.  It seems to be based on MHR only though.
      I played with that thing before and it doesn't look bad at all..! Smile
      runnerclay

Consistently Slow

What heart rate did you input? I used 195. My high registered at a race. Input half marathon time.

Marco 4:02:59---T Oregon 4:03:12--McMillan 4:02:30 

The interest thing about Marco it gives you a pace and Heart rate per mile.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

gregw

I used my max of 200.  It had me at 175 at mile 13 and a 186 last mile.  I look at my race report and mile 13 was 173 and the last mile was 183, so reasonably close.  I also might not be quite 200 anymore as that was in my first couple of years of running and I haven't finished a 5k that hard in a while.  I also didn't use their strategy of starting out slow, which I believe would let you run at higher HR at the end.
          BeeRunB

I popped in a 43:00 10k with a 200 bpm into Marco, team Oregon Pace Wizard, McMillan  calculator:

................26.2 time.......pace.......HR

MARCO= 3:23:41..........7:46........174

TOPWiz=3:23:28...........7:45........172

McMillan=3:21:48..........7:43.........no HR

McMillan is always lower. The Pace Wizard tends to be more accurate. Pretty much the same as MARCO. But a lower ave HR, which is probably more doable. Interesting Calculator. Sort of mirrors what my HR does in a marathon. Looks like a handy tool to put in the bag.

It would be interesting to run a marathon following the heart rate plan, forgetting about the paces. Let the paces be what they may.

Thanks, Greg!

--Jimmy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I popped in a 43:00 10k with a 200 bpm into Marco, team Oregon Pace Wizard, McMillan  calculator:

................26.2 time.......pace.......HR

MARCO= 3:23:41..........7:46........174

TOPWiz=3:23:28...........7:45........172

McMillan=3:21:48..........7:43.........no HR

McMillan is always lower. The Pace Wizard tends to be more accurate. Pretty much the same as MARCO. But a lower ave HR, which is probably more doable. Interesting Calculator. Sort of mirrors what my HR does in a marathon. Looks like a handy tool to put in the bag.

It would be interesting to run a marathon following the heart rate plan, forgetting about the paces. Let the paces be what they may.

Thanks, Greg!

--Jimmy

I was thinking run the pace and let the HR be whatever. Let the courses degree of difficulty  dictate the HR. Slow start / negative split.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Beginner all over again

I liked this HR plan for the Full Marathon distance

Anyone have any links for similar for Half Marathon and/or 10K? 5K?

I'm wondering what HR per mile segment would be indicated for the

HM and shorter races, 10K, 5K

I've seen HR 189 at 3-mile marker of a 5K but I was "intentionally holding back" trying to keep my HR under 190 just because I was inexperienced and it "sounded high" to me   ..................

So my 5K HR is 190 if not a few beats higher

What are the goal HR for a shorter 5K race?

Thank you!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I liked this HR plan for the Full Marathon distance

Anyone have any links for similar for Half Marathon and/or 10K? 5K?

I'm wondering what HR per mile segment would be indicated for the

HM and shorter races, 10K, 5K

I've seen HR 189 at 3-mile marker of a 5K but I was "intentionally holding back" trying to keep my HR under 190 just because I was inexperienced and it "sounded high" to me   ..................

So my 5K HR is 190 if not a few beats higher

What are the goal HR for a shorter 5K race?

Thank you!

http://www.teamoregon.com/publication/online/wizard.php

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Beginner all over again