Low HR Training

MAF Test Results (Read 958 times)

An Excel spreadsheet with my MAF Test results can be downloaded here.

Excel Spreadsheet

I do not know how to post files or charts into the forum.  Sorry!

Chris

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Chris,

Could be your browser. I'm using Firefox and I know it also works in Chrome. Select the cells, Copy (either <ctrl> C, or ribbon bar - I'm an old keyboard shortcut kind of guy); Then paste into RA dialog. For the graph click the edge of the graph which highlights the border, then copy and paste into RA dialog. I generally add some blank carriage returns in the RA dialog to allow me to easily add text before or after what ever I pasted in. If you want to add a border to the table that got pasted. Click in the data, then select the table icon to the right of the smiley, enter a number in the Border box; click the tab and select a border color

<colgroup><col span="2" width="75" /> <col width="64" /> </colgroup>
      12/16/2011 12/23/2011 1/6/2012
      CMS Track CMS Track CMS Track
      Track Track Track
      43 39 55
      7:51 AM 8:00 AM 7:50 AM

1.2 miles 1.25 miles 1.2 Miles

12:05 11:18 10:59
      12:04 11:30 11:09
      12:03 11:30 11:19

12:04 11:26

11:09

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Bob, thx.  I used Firefox and it worked.  This represents 5 tests over a six week period beginning December 1, 2011.   I skipped a week between test 4 and 5.  All performed at a local middle school track.  15 minute warm up with three mile run.  I realize I should run 5 miles but track running is boring.

I an 55 years old and using a MAF of 125.  On the day before Thanksgiving I started Maffetone's 2-week test on no carb/no sugar.  I have lost 6.8 pounds down from 185.6 to 179.  While goal was not to lose weight, after reading Maffetone's Big Book of Endurance it was clear my eating habits were terrible.   I have not added many carbs back and am still trying to stay no sugar.

I have been running injury free and I believe the LHR running is helpful.

Chris

Chris

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I have to chuckle. We're only 10 years apart in age, yet my measured MAF puts me at about an 84yo age effective heart rate! Gotta love those drugs!

It looks like you are making good progress to me!

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

BeeRunB

oh boy! Graphahol!

oh boy! Graphahol!

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Chris

rarian

I'm impressed.  Is it that simple?  I've tried in the past with no success.  No time left this weekend but if I can also get Bob's instructions to work then yippee!

I had to use Firefox browser.  I could not do it with IE or Chrome.

Chris

rarian

I'm using Firefox, but it won't let me paste (not even this).  However it links to a Mozilla page that explains how to make pasting possible.

My MAF results continue to improve.  2 weeks between tests.

Chris

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Impressive Chris. I was going to do another MAF test tomorrow but may not. 3M half marathon is next week and it could skew any follow-on data so I might re-baseline after the race. BTW: love the graphs!

bob e v

rarian

I agree, impressive.  But I'm envious because I followed the Mozilla advice re pasting and now I can paste text and cells but not graphs.  I'm copying graphs correctly because they paste into Word, but alas not here.  And I don't want to spend a thousand words explaining each one.

My pace slowed a little this test.  I assume this is normal, correct?  I also was wearing different shoes.

While I am assuming this is normal it is kind of a downer when your improvement takes a step backwards.

Chris

BeeRunB

Chris,

Gorgeous graphahol, but I'm not sure what I am looking at. Are you doing 6 mile tests? Please help my frazzled mind imbibe.

--Jimmy