Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

That's some  serious heat. Evil

Got that right, Ron!

Not as though Ne is the only hot spot, by any stretch, however.

Y'all get more than your share.

Happy I didn't take it to the tush.

No one would want to see this 63 year old red hiney!  Embarrassed

Member that Coppertone? commercial from way back... (Annette F?)

Cute tan line on that toddler.

bf

BeeRunB

Got that right, Ron!

Not as though Ne is the only hot spot, by any stretch, however.

Y'all get more than your share.

Happy I didn't take it to the tush.

No one would want to see this 63 year old red hiney!  Embarrassed

Member that Coppertone? commercial from way back... (Annette F?)

Cute tan line on that toddler.

bf

Jodie Foster was the Coppertone girl when she was 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKvoOmO0mk

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

Jodie Foster was the Coppertone girl when she was 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKvoOmO0mk

Ah yes,  Cool  butt of course!

Heat was on as I recall.

That rascal John Hinckley Jr.

took the infatuation rap, though.

Whew.

Early onset of dementia, here.

bf

BeeRunB

8.3 miles

2:13:00

15:47 pace

85°F

31 miles on the week.

Still a mix of walking and running.

So far so good

--jimmyCool

npaden

Vacation in Montana last week so my running suffered a little.  Got in some great hiking that hopefully made up for it though, a total of 25 miles of hiking for the week with one hike of 12 miles and one 6 miler, on both of those I gained over 2,500' elevation and on the long one I was wearing a pack so should have gotten some good cardio at least on the uphill parts of those.

HRM has been a little sketchy.  Some crazy numbers last week in Montana, I think partly because it was so cool in the mornings when I was running that I wasn't sweating much.  Did an 8 miler with an avg HR of 141 (sketchy) and a pace of 10:57 and that was with 1,600' of elevation gain.  It was uphill for 4 miles then back, I averaged over 12:00 pace on the uphill, but under a 10:00 on the way back.

Got home yesterday and went for a run last night.  Ugly numbers, but it was miles.   This mornings run was a lot better.

Last night - 6.07 miles, 11:49 avg pace, 143 avg HR.  86 degrees at the end of the run.

This morning - 4.09 miles, 11:08 pace, 136 avg HR.  73 degrees at the end of the run.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

Vacation in Montana last week so my running suffered a little.  Got in some great hiking that hopefully made up for it though, a total of 25 miles of hiking for the week with one hike of 12 miles and one 6 miler, on both of those I gained over 2,500' elevation and on the long one I was wearing a pack so should have gotten some good cardio at least on the uphill parts of those.

HRM has been a little sketchy.  Some crazy numbers last week in Montana, I think partly because it was so cool in the mornings when I was running that I wasn't sweating much.  Did an 8 miler with an avg HR of 141 (sketchy) and a pace of 10:57 and that was with 1,600' of elevation gain.  It was uphill for 4 miles then back, I averaged over 12:00 pace on the uphill, but under a 10:00 on the way back.

Got home yesterday and went for a run last night.  Ugly numbers, but it was miles.   This mornings run was a lot better.

Last night - 6.07 miles, 11:49 avg pace, 143 avg HR.  86 degrees at the end of the run.

This morning - 4.09 miles, 11:08 pace, 136 avg HR.  73 degrees at the end of the run.

Hi Npaden,

Big Sky Country is fabulous, isn't it!

No doubt your cardio, as well as your spirit enjoyed the experience.

bf

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

Chic-a-dee-dee  ____  Chic-a-dee-dah
                Croc-o-crap in a teapot

My scrawny legs carry me past building blocks of nutrition:
                McDs, DQs, BorgerBoyz, Good-Mood-Foods, plus an end-around
                of C-Fil-As.. (Have no desire to be wish-boned. Furthermore, don't
                have a cock in the fight).

Mother Nature presented a nice gift this morning. Temps in the 60s, 70s.
                I eagerly unwrapped a maf pace unseen since the chill of spring.
                Can hardly wait till Christmas! Being a good boy, too.

bf

KSimpsonTrek

Went from average pace of about 14 1/2 minutes per mile last year to consistent 12- minute miles through this summer!

*Love low HR training*

BeeRunB

Went from average pace of about 14 1/2 minutes per mile last year to consistent 12- minute miles through this summer!

*Love low HR training*

Congrats. That's HUGE progress for summertime.Cool

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

+ 1   WTG

bf

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

http://www.google.com/doodles/hurdles-2012

Easily amused

Beat 48.0 ?

bf

npaden

What a difference 28 degrees can make!

Working in North Dakota this week.  58 degrees this morning!

6.07 miles, 10:34 avg pace, 142 avg HR.

Downhill the first 3 miles then back up.  Was at 9:30 avg pace and 136 avg HR at the bottom of the hill, just couldn't make myself walk all the way back so my HR climbed up a bit, but not too bad.

Amazing the difference between my run Sunday evening of the same distance at 86 degrees.  Dew Point was only 1 degree difference as the humidity was only 37% on Sunday at 86 degrees vs. 93% humidity this morning, but evidently that isn't as big of a factor as I was thinking. 

Great run, really looking like I should be able to put in some really good numbers this fall when the temperature starts to drop.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

What a difference 28 degrees can make!

Great run, really looking like I should be able to put in some really good numbers this fall when the temperature starts to drop.

Good on you, NP!!!

The "Northern Tier" is the place to be during this heat wave.

You'll be in great form come fall.

bf

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

An alarming discovery is made today; the result of an uncontrolled experiment.
                              After downing a couple cups-o-joe, a subsequent walk produced heart rates
                              exceeding an decaffinated walking heart rate by as much as 30 bpm!!!
                              Not desirable, but more alarming was the duration of the increased rates.
                              After 3+ miles it still remained that elevated! I'm concerned. Is this normal?
                              A "controlled" experiment might reveal interesting data.

Ordinarily, hibiscus tea is favored, but egregious levies (in this venue),
                              set me in search of an alternative. Perhaps history holds the solution.
                              Party on Bros!

Forgive Me Father...
                              I've wantonly consumed (4) Cini-Minis, plus (2) Cup-O-Joes (in a single sitting).
                              Additionally, I've lustfully viewed racewalking videos.

Although seemingly venial transgressions, a goodly number of Hail Marys
                              (as always).. (forgive me, once more, father),  is anticipated.

Sporting Jimmy Carter cheeks,

bf

Can I be Frank

Walk This Way...this way

1.5 miles this morning  <13 m/m  107-113 bpm!
                                Do I need to fess-up? Ok then..it was primarily downgrade.
                                Nevertheless, it earned "Elite plus eight" labeling in
                                imaginary log book.

Compensatory or not, on the heels of yesterday's
                                caffeinated 130 bpm, it felt right. I was thrilled.

Attempts to emulate Ryan H. (sweetest stride in the racing universe)
                                met an equal lack of success as emulation of Rocky Colavito from
                                the batter's box years ago. Grotesque. Pitiful.

Olympic marathon this Sunday!
                                GMT - six,  BST - seven, Zulu time?  wtf

Bottom line? Awaken early. These events are over in a blink of an eye, don't you know!
                                bf