Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

http://www.lydiardfoundation.org/training/lacingthelydiardway.aspx

Thank you, sir!  That looks promising.  Going to try it out on my next run.

Eric

PRs:  5k - (20:42) 3/9/2013 18:55 (9/28/13)

10k - (42:42) 3/23/2013 39:11 (10/26/13) course was short @ 6.0 mi :)

10 mi - (1:12:10) 4/6/2013

HM - (1:34:38) 4/27/2013

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Back from my mini vacation.  The PR Marathon went great, except for the 100F heat index and 79 dewpoint.  I finished slow although not my slowest, but running at home was awesome.

Did 3 miles at 142 HR and 12:10mm so recovery is going well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Now that the temps are warming in the northern areas I can see an effect on my heart rate.  Hopefully as I acclimate to the spring/summer temps things will go back to normal.  I was able to get out on some single track trails last week.  With the rolling terrain it's very difficult to stay at MAF or below.  Lots of walking was involved.  Oh well.  I'm not training to be a 50K speed demon.  I just want to show up healthy and finish.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Gwynhafra

Hello!  I'm new to the thread.  I've been doing low heart rate training for only a couple of weeks now and this is my first week at MAF.

Today, 2.07 miles on treadmill @139 for half an hour.  First mile less than 15 min, second mile more than 15 min.

Jenne

Every run is a hilly run!

Docket_Rocket

Good luck!  And Welcome!

Hello!  I'm new to the thread.  I've been doing low heart rate training for only a couple of weeks now and this is my first week at MAF.

Today, 2.07 miles on treadmill @139 for half an hour.  First mile less than 15 min, second mile more than 15 min.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I said screw it to Maff today and ran how I wanted.  Ended up with 145 HR which is middle of Maff (148) and at a faster pace.  Sometimes it's nice not to follow a number. W ill be back to Maff tomorrow.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Big grin

I said screw it to Maff today and ran how I wanted.  Ended up with 145 HR which is middle of Maff (148) and at a faster pace.  Sometimes it's nice not to follow a number. W ill be back to Maff tomorrow.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Did 7 miles at 145HR and 10:52mm.  Very nice and fast run.

And yes, clay.  Sometimes it's good to tell Maff to suck it up, LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

Saw something last night I haven't seen since last fall:  An 11:00 mile.  The best part was my HR stayed below my MAF of 135 the whole time.  This really gives me assurance that I am on the right track.  For me, running at MAF is the right thing to do.  Even if it's frustratingly slow at times.

Gwynhafra - Welcome!

Run!  Just Run!

BeeRunB

20 minutes walking

too much yard work last night

beat today, so just walked briefly

Have a great weekend!

--JimmyCool

Wandering Wally

Another great run last night.  "Racing" tomorrow and I'll be running it without the HR strap.  It got all wonky on me last night.  Basically I had no heart rate information for my last 3 miles.  It was stuck on 40 bpm and even lost contact a few times.  I think the battery might have died and I don't have time to replace it until early next week.  How long should the battery in the Garmin heart rate strap last?  I hope longer than 3 months.

Run!  Just Run!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

7 mile bike ride. Forget to get the HR monitor.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Chasing the bus

MAF test last night. I was on a treadmill, to be comparable to the last two I did.  After 1.45 mi. wu, first mile 10:09, 2nd 10:33, 3rd., 10:52, 4th 11:04, 5th, 11:24, avg. HR all splits right at 130. Still feels like a tempo run, but I felt good, energized, after, maybe because I could tell it was faster than the last two.

I compared side by side today, as I was logging, though and the numbers are: 10-20 sec./mi. faster than the test on 3/11 at all splits, and 15-30 sec. faster than the test on 1/18 at all splits.

So there ya have it. I haven't been feeling faster, or running faster, though my paces outside seemed faster than I was able to run on the treadmill, I thought that was just my treadmill-itis kicking in.

Planning to run Jimmyb's treadmill test monday, to try to see if my MAF HR has changed, then on 3/31 I have my first timed event of the year, Skinny Ravens Twilight 12k.

Have a good weekend, all!

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                            Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

John nice improvement

4.6 mile walk.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Chasing the bus

Thanks, Clay. Did 7.8 slushy, muddy miles last night (spring is finally coming to the N. coast of Alaska), finish my week at 30 miles.

My question now that Ive decided to add anaerobic training, I don't know what my pace should be...should I target HR, and find out, and what HR? How can I predict race pace, so I can pace myself and plan splits, without racing? Is this all in Maffetones book and I just forgot?

thanks!

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                                Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test