Low HR Training

Your experiences with LHR training (Read 1246 times)

jimmyb

port-a-bella-potty

I'll get back to you on that data, C.

I've never done a % progress study of aerobic phase vs. anaerobic, combined, etc.

A  quickie while I have time:

AErobic BAse:

12.4%  8/1/09 thru  10/19/09 (2 months, 18 days) (overall pace)

--jimmy

Log    PRs

jimmyb

port-a-bella-potty

Here's another period of substantial improvement and how it broke down. THis was the best I've been.

2/17/06 thru 9/26/06  20% improvement (10:14 to 8:31)

Breakdown:

2/17 to 3/26 all MAF and below  4% (this was the second half of an aerobic base period, the first half I regressed a bit due to injury)

3/26 to 8/7 anaerobic / race season 10% (mostly MAF workouts, races, and a few tempo runs mixed in)

8/7 to 9/26 all MAF (save one run) 6%

Log    PRs

thanks, very informative data. it appears one should expect to be progressing at least as much at pure MAF phase as in an anaerobic phase + keeping the results from anaerobic phase. Smile

jimmyb

port-a-bella-potty

thanks, very informative data. it appears one should expect to be progressing at least as much at pure MAF phase as in an anaerobic phase + keeping the results from anaerobic phase. Smile

Like I said, when you follow up a decent pure base phase with a race season, you should see more improvement.

--Jimmy

Log    PRs

Like I said, when you follow up a decent pure base phase with a race season, you should see more improvement.

--Jimmy

yes I get that - what I meant was something else (improving even before anaerobic season arrives).

jimmyb

port-a-bella-potty

Yeah, that's what I said. Cool

Log    PRs