Low HR Training

Running Frequency (Read 379 times)

cjbruin

Hey All!  Just wanted to throw out some recent personal experience.  I decided around Thanksgiving that I was going to run every day during the month of December (as a triathlete the most I usually do is four times per week).  I'm using a 3 Short, 2 Medium, 1 Long, 1 T-Run plan where the Medium runs are twice as long as the Short and the Long runs are 3X as long as the short.  My T-Run is at least 3 miles but can be longer if I feel like it.  So for instance, this week was/is:

Mon = 4, Tue = 8, Wed = 4, Thu = 8, Fri = 4, Sat = 3, Sun = 12;  Total = 43

This is a great way to get in your weekly mileage and can work for any distance (i.e. your short runs can be 2 mi if you want).  I started at 3-6-3-6-3-3-9 (33) and increased a little every week.

I've found it to be fun in that I look forward to my runs and even if I'm feeling a little lazy, I can't put off today's run until tomorrow because I have to get out there every day.  I'm pleased with the improvements over the past 28 days (I actually started on 11/29 because it was Monday).  Not necessarily recommending it to anyone but if you've been thinking about a way to increase your mileage, I enjoyed this method.

BeeRunB

Sounds like fun. What kind of improvements in the first month?

--Jimmy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I went from 4 days /20 miles to 6 days /40 miles over a 2 year period. The gradual increase appears not to have hurt. I did do a 40-50% cut back on the 4th week. 2010 goal- 1500 miles. Should hit 1700& change this year. Goal for 2011- 2000 miles/ 40 miles a week. 5- 6 days. Small dozes and slow miles. Maff Maniac.Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I've had just one day off in the last month - because I felt a bit of a twinge in a muscle so I wanted to rest it.

Generally I run every day, but some days are very easy. In fact at the moment most runs are rather easy pace-wise; although some are quite long. But I do plan to add a few faster runs starting in a couple of weeks.

cjbruin

Sounds like fun. What kind of improvements in the first month?

--Jimmy

Pace:  ~20 sec/mi faster at the same HR

Weight:  4-5 lbs lighter...went through a week or so where I got heavier...I think it was due to adding muscle.

RPE:  Even though I'm a little faster, it seems easier.  12 mi run yesterday was easier than the 10 miler two weeks ago.

Sleep:  Better!

Happy New Year everyone!

I like the idea about getting out there to run as often as possible.

I was doing 5 days over the summer and fall. second half of the fall, I switched to 6 when decreasing intensity (but total number of runs was more than 6). now it seems I can do 6 at some higher intensities too! which totally surprises me! Surprised but I like it! Smile

the last time I did 6 was in the spring when I was doing pure MAF phase.

(before spring, 5 at 30mpw at moderate intensity was too much! as I was a beginner - I felt comfortable at 4, 20mpw)

I'm ending my first complete running year at 1500miles Smile (it would be more but the first 2 months were low mileage as I was getting used to mileages higher than 20mpw)