Low HR Training

are my efforts ruined? (Read 570 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

I have been doing MAF for 6 weeks, and tonight I decided to go out and do a Tempo run to test my speed, I went out with local running club, and ran quite a quick pace, and noticed my breathing was much easier than previously when I had ran at this pace. So it is working!! Just over 7 m/mile pace for near to 4 miles which was about 6 on my PEL scale. Sub 4 10k should be achievavble this year. Back to my MAF now, just hope all my efforts haven't been wasted because of this. Smile

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

run-easy-race-hard

Nah, you'll be fine. Sounds like a good test of your progress.
      jimmyb

I have been doing MAF for 6 weeks, and tonight I decided to go out and do a Tempo run to test my speed, I went out with local running club, and ran quite a quick pace, and noticed my breathing was much easier than previously when I had ran at this pace. So it is working!! Just over 7 m/mile pace for near to 4 miles which was about 6 on my PEL scale. Sub 4 10k should be achievavble this year. Back to my MAF now, just hope all my efforts haven't been wasted because of this. Smile
        No they're not, but we don't like you anymore. --Jimmy

Log    PRs

Slow-smooth-fast

No they're not, but we don't like you anymore. --Jimmy
          sorry what did I say to provoke such a reaction? Surprised

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Prophet!

i think jimmy missed the announcement that sarcasm is not a civil behavior in the forums Big grin He's just kidding around ( i think Smile ) Eddy. Your improvements at such short time is so amazing that we can't take it anymore Wink

Hawt and sexy

I am with Jimmy. This type of behavior needs to stop. There is no speedwork here. This is the LHR forum. Conform or die. Big grin

I'm touching your pants.

Slow-smooth-fast

I am with Jimmy. This type of behavior needs to stop. There is no speedwork here. This is the LHR forum. Conform or die. Big grin
                Sorry guys, thats it for me, I am back to the strict diet of plodding endless miles at snail pace. Then I will test again in 6 weeks. Wink

jimmyb

sorry what did I say to provoke such a reaction? Surprised
                  What you said. It was a great set-up. I'm not big on those smiley face guys, so use your logic and sense of humor, and I think you'll be able to move on pretty quickly. If you can't, you'll be mandated to eat 30 pickled eggs in one of the local Rhode Island bars, where they'll bust your balls so badly just for existing, you'll either run to Antarctica, or become a fearless Rickles Templar (The Sacred Order Of Nadbusters). --Jimmy

Log    PRs

Cashmason

Jimmy just has an odd sense of humor. So does Willa. If they ever develop an even sense of humor we wouldn't recognize them. We love them anyway. I say that running kills brain cells, and low heart rate training lets you run more, hence fewer brain cells. Jesse, Jimmy, Willa and I are proof of that. Pbbbttt.
                    Cashmason

Ps. Congrats on your progress Eddy. This stuff does work. Btw, once you start race season, you will be running at higher heart rates. Your base will wither a bit, but you will race better. And once race season is over, you start low heart rate training again, but from a higher level. So its a cycle, Make base at low heart rate, race at higher heart rates, start low heart rate training again but from a better pace than the first time.

Slow-smooth-fast

Ps. Congrats on your progress Eddy. This stuff does work. Btw, once you start race season, you will be running at higher heart rates. Your base will wither a bit, but you will race better. And once race season is over, you start low heart rate training again, but from a higher level. So its a cycle, Make base at low heart rate, race at higher heart rates, start low heart rate training again but from a better pace than the first time.
                        cheers, that sums it up perfectly.