Low HR Training

Sad News (Read 425 times)

Someone posted on the LetsRun forum that John Hadd has died, it appears while on a morning run.

I know that the general focus of this group is the Maffetone method but there are quite a few members of the forum who I know are in the background chipping away following the HADD advice.

Apparently his real name was John Walsh and lived in Malta with his Wife, he was well known to be generous with his time and would try to answer your questions about his methods with easy to understand anecdotes. I am personally very grateful to him for the generous advice he gave me and have been greatly saddened to read of his demise at such a young age (56).

Someone posted on the LetsRun forum that John Hadd has died, it appears while on a morning run.

I know that the general focus of this group is the Maffetone method but there are quite a few members of the forum who I know are in the background chipping away following the HADD advice.

Apparently his real name was John Walsh and lived in Malta with his Wife, he was well known to be generous with his time and would try to answer your questions about his methods with easy to understand anecdotes. I am personally very grateful to him for the generous advice he gave me and have been greatly saddened to read of his demise at such a young age (56).

Sad to hear it; I'd also heard that he was very open and engaging.  I did a 2400 test today in his honour.

Well, and it was on the schedule.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Hi Ceri

I had no idea he was Scottish....... or at least 'from' Glasgow - a Celtic Supporter Roll eyes I suppose the guy couldn't be 'perfect' Wink

someone also posted that his family was from Wales.......... Not far from you I hear Big grin

got an ILHR run planned Wednesday so going to make a point of giving thanks then.

ohh! Sad