Martial Artist Runners

Hello Everyone (Read 311 times)

Great to see a Martial Arts Section here! I started Martial Arts way back in the late 70's, in TKD. Received my first BB in 1980 then moved on to Joe Corleys American Karate in the 80's, fought in the PKA kick boxing, and point fighting in NASKA, NBL, and RSKC. I have studied several styles over the past 30 years etc.... and loved every second of it. Fought all over North America during the 80's and 90's, retired in 1997 after winning the Arnold Classic. I was lucky enough to be in the top 5 heavy weight BB fighters during most of that time. I love the Martial Arts and have met some Great people. The Martial Arts Attitude and way of life has helped me get through some hard times, I owe a lot to my old Instructors for teaching me and helping me grow.
    What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome, Bernie. Glad to have you. And welcome back to RA. Don't overdo it on the running, eh? I see nothing and then BAM jump to 22 mpw? I'm hoping you've just not been logging... 'cause I'd hate to see a running injury get in the way of your martial arts! Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

The inside runs are slow, and Im not pushing it. I did 2 months of eliptical for an hour 6 days a week to get ready to run. But after that 4.7 run my legs were smoked! There is no subsitute for real running. Smile
        What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
          Hey welcome back Bernie. I remember your Off the Beaten Path post about having cancer. It's so great to see you back!