Martial Artist Runners

I know it's about the journey, but... (Read 4 times)

Gig

I've been training hard all year, hoping to be ready for my school's April 23rd black belt exam. Even though I came to realize about a month ago that I wouldn't be ready, I have continued training, hoping to be there in June. That feels attainable, except that on Thursday I strained my back, and three days later, it doesn't feel like it's even starting to heal.

Oh well. I just wanted to gripe for a moment. If it doesn't happen, I'm really fine with that. Not happy, but fine. How's everybody else's training going? Any special projects/goals?

Training through injury is always the worst! Going for any PT/chiro/massage to help work it out?

Things are going fairly well on my end - just working through the ranks aiming for green this year - got one step closer today - got to test for my Blue with Green stripe, and passed! Next rank is Green, so I'll be working towards being able to test for that in about 6 months or so (they do advanced rank testing about every 3 months at our school).

Hope your back gets feeling better - don't push it too hard, let it heal up, then hit it hard again, and you'll get there! Congrats on being so close too - black belt is an amazing achievement for anyone to get to! Smile

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

Gig

Thanks for the encouragement. The back pain went away after a week. I managed to train through it. I just declined falling for any jujitsu falls for close to two weeks, just to be sure. I'm back and training hard, now.

Thanks for the encouragement. The back pain went away after a week. I managed to train through it. I just declined falling for any jujitsu falls for close to two weeks, just to be sure. I'm back and training hard, now.

Awesome, glad to hear it! Keep us updated as you head towards June! Smile

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)