Martial Artist Runners

blue belt (Read 257 times)

Gig

I got my blue belt last week. It took almost a year, but I finally did it.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Whoo hoo!

Congratulations, Gig.  Smile

So... tell us about your test...

Roads were made for journeys...

Congrats!  Belts are like pokemon: Gotta collect them all!
        Gig

Whoo hoo!

Congratulations, Gig.  Smile

So... tell us about your test...

I was actually a little bit disappointed in the test. I was hoping for a 3rd grade blue belt, but got the 4th grade because of several mental lapses. My belt-level katas were really good, but I messed up a tiny bit on a lower-belt form. We also do one-step jujitsu, and I messed up on the last one because a day before the test I decided it would be cool to throw in a little variance. What I ended up doing during the test was something in between the two, which didn't work at all.

Still, I'm happy. Fighting went well for the most part, but again, a mental lapse or two. Last week, I figured out that I drop my guard when I throw a kick with my right foot. I took a hook kick to the jaw because of it, iced it the next day at work, and I've kept my guard up ever since.

I made a deal with one of the guys who started karate around the same time I did that we'd have our 2nd degree brown belts by the end of the summer. That's pretty ambitious, but we're good at pushing each other.

TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Well done Gig!
            Find the fun.