Martial Artist Runners

A fear of a scolding keeping me from coming to class? (Read 333 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Oh, my! Sometimes I amaze myself at what silly things I come up with. I've been a bit of a slacker lately in the tkd realm, concentrating on my running instead. And as I'd not been coming to class regularly for a few months, I realized that I had forgotten a lot of stuff. And then I thought about how much I'd forgotten and reaaaly got worried - what if they called on me to teach something and I didn't know it? I'm supposed to know all the material now - I just had my black belt test last May. How could I have forgotten so much so soon? Eeek! And so I found several weeks slipping by where I didn't want to go to class because I didn't know what I was supposed to know. But I wasn't studying it at home either. Which meant that the longer I waited, the worse it got! Finally, today, I got my tail in gear and got to the forms review class. And you know what? It was a newer black belt teaching it and HE didn't know all the stuff. D'oh! Boo for the school letting him teach the forms class when he doesn't know the forms, but kind of funny to me that I had been worried about not remembering stuff! Blush New resolution: never again to let a fear of being scolded for not knowing my stuff keep me from going to the class where I can learn/ relearn it. Nope! Ain't gonna let that one stop me again! Just hoping he's not teaching next time I go to that class... Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

Go Wings GO!
      What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.