Marine Corps Marathon

How's your training going? (Read 3 times)

My running club's marathon training program started last night.  I was excited and a bit nervous.  I did the half-marathon training option last year and loved it.  I'm finally getting my mileage up and the long runs are getting longer after a few months of easier running to heal my hip issues.

How's your training going?

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

Hi Patty,

I'm doing the Hanson Marathon Method and I set it up to be a 20 week plan, so I started about 5 weeks ago. Of course I actually miscounted the weeks when I set it up, so it ended up being a 21 week plan. Oh well, I can use the extra running.  It is quite a bit more running than I was doing previously, but so far I am adjusting to it.

I'm so excited to be running the MCM. Have you run it before? I haven't. This will be my second marathon. I ran the Detroit marathon in 2011, well...I completed it... I ran 20 miles and walked 6. I really want to do better this year.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  I am using my coach to train for Chicago with a quick recovery for MCM.

I am in week 2.  So far, apart from the horrible weather, training is going well.

Damaris

Hey!

kimbalion23, I'll be interested to hear how the Hanson's method works for you. I've heard good things about it, but the shorter long runs are hard for me to wrap my brain around. Sounds like you're off to a good start!

Damaris,  I followed your posts in the low heart rate training forum. I'm in awe of your multiple marathons!

i'm looking forward to getting back to longer runs (and the weekly miles that let me do that and still feel good). After 12 miles Saturday, I was pretty tired, or just too lazy to tackle grocery shopping, not sure which Smile

phave a great week!

Patty

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, Patty.  This is for a goal (Chicago) so I'm really training and not racing until then.

That sounds like anathema to me, but LOL.

Damaris