Marine Corps Marathon

Race Day ! (Read 2 times)

I'm on my tablet, so I'll make this short. Ended up with 5:09 +

Wish it could have been less, but my garmin said I ran 26.79 and I just couldn't make up for that extra mileage. I'll write more tomorrow. Hope you guys had good runs. It was a beautiful day.

Hi Kim!  Good work today!  I picked up extra miles too, it was a crowded course.

I'm amazed that I made it in 4:30:32 (which I will call 4:30 from now on : ).  I was fighting calf, quad and foot cramps for last 2 or 3 miles in spite of 3 salt caps. The last 2 miles I just kept moving forward with no extra to give so I was proud to keep running at all.

This afternoon's shower will go down in history as one of the best ever : )

Let the recovery begin!

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

Docket_Rocket

I beat you two!  I ran 27.50.  Doh.

Finished 5:28 (I think).  I wasted so much time, between the water stations never having water to a 15 minute potty line between the 20 and 25K.  People thought something had happened to me.

It was a tough course for me but I had a lot of fun!  I decided when I got to DC on Friday night that a PR was not going to happen as I still have some fibroid pain.  And I was glad not to have tried due to all of that.

Great job, both of you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page