Marine Corps Marathon

Weeklies - Week 3 (Read 2 times)

So happy that it is a 'go', but my enthusiasm was dampened a bit. Yesterday I went to the high school to meet my daughter's teachers. Turns out three of them are marathoners. Got my enthusiasm going again.

Headed to the expo for my half marathon this weekend. Only bought arm warmers and GU. Wish I could have found more, seems a bit of a letdown. Seems the weather for MCM might be quite cold.

I guess we're just skipping 'two weeks to go'?

I can't believe it's almost here.

Damaris, glad you're back to work.

Sheesh, we're into single digit days now!

I developed a sinus infection this week and took a few days off.  Luckily the dr gave me antibiotics (these things almost always turn into bronchitis for me) and said to call Monday for prednisone if I'm not better.  Whew.  I did use the "I have a marathon in 10 days" card with her but when she told me not to run, I interpreted that as "only easy runs".

Good luck on your half, Kim!  Bummer about the expo, I love a good expo : )

Off to the Army Ten Miler expo, hubby's running it tomorrow.

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

Docket_Rocket

I cannot  believe it's here either.  It's like Chicago never happened.

I found my cause of DNF: ruptured ovarian cyst.  Ouch.

I will be wearing the robot arm warmers from inknburn (unless I change my mind again).  Here they are.  I have the pants too but I don't think it will be as cold for them:

LINK

All black as I can never run in black here.

Weather seems to be from 36F to 60F.  Hope it gets a bit cooler (40-50F) at the most, as those are PR worthy temps.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Kim, good luck on your HM! Take it easy so as not to overdo it on your last week!

Patty, hope your sinuses feel better soon.

Question: Can we keep this weeklies going after the race?  I don't want to miss the camaraderie between us and I don't get to see you any other group but here.  Just a suggestion :-)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page