Marine Corps Marathon

Weeklies - week 16 (Read 4 times)

Rest day today so I went to yoga with a friend.  I saw the chiropractor for my weekly visit yesterday, he's working on my it band/hip issues.  The dry needling (acupuncture) really seems to help along with a series of strengthening exercises.  Fortunately my back is relaxing on it's own.  I think the aches are related to the increase in mileage so I'll keep an eye on them : )

Way to get it done, Damaris!  Hope the extra rest day was restful, Kimbalion : )

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

Patty, glad the back is better. Do you enjoy yoga? I've got a dvd and do it very occasionally, but one of my resolutions this year was to sign up at the yoga place down the block from me...of course I didn't get to it right away, and now they are moving across town. I've wondered if it would help with an achey back and tight hamstrings.

Damaris, I was enjoying my nice weather when my son (who just joined the army) called from Fort Hood, TX. They had to do an 8 mile ruck march, with 40lbs of gear and then play running/shooting games (some with gas masks on). And it was 102 there yesterday. Oh my! The sergeant said it was okay until BOB showed up. I'm like what is BOB...it is Big Orange Ball (the sun).

So I got 10 miles in yesterday. I was babying my ankle and at mile 8 it just stopped hurting. Wish I knew why. I did go to Target today and get those elastic bands to do hip strengthening exercises. Seems my right ankle, knee, and hip are the things really bothering me. So hopefully that might solve my troubles.

5 easy miles today, done.

Docket_Rocket

Patty, I go to my chiro at least once a week but this week my massage therapist is out so I am extending my adjustment til next week, sniff.  But, aren't they awesome?????

kimbalion, LOL at the BOB.  We have a big ass motherfucking BOB here.  Nice 10.  I sometimes get ankle pain that is sort of phantom pain.  Ugh.

SRD for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Patty, I just noticed that you named this thread "week 16"....hey, we are counting down here...it was week 14. I noticed it cause I'm wondering how I'm going to last 14 more weeks of this higher level of training. I'm just tired.

Got my intervals done. 5 x 1000m. I was almost crying by the second one, cause I just don't like the track. But I stuck with it and was rewarded with the last one being in the rain.

14 miles today!  Still a little fast-ish although we took some loooong water stop breaks so the overall pace is a little slow (I'd like to hit about 12:00 for the long runs).  I felt it in my left hip and piriformis but that seems to be working out with the triggerpoint roller.

I have been wiped out after long runs so I tried eating more afterward to see if that would help:  hammer recovery + lowfat chocolate milk, whole grain bagel sandwich with egg, cheese, tomato and spinach.  I had a meeting at noon and had a cranberry chicken salad there (and was hungry again a few hours later).  I also picked up some vitamin B : )  Come on adaptation : )

Kimbalion - I cracked up at your son's BOB reference!  That must be an Army thing, my husband is active duty Army and refers to the sun as BOB all the time!  Kudos for doing a track workout on your own, that's serious dedication!

I've only been to a few yoga classes, I think it should help with running but I've never gone regularly enough to notice.  I have dvds but never seem to put them in : )

Damaris - I love massages even more than the chiropractor (although the dry needling is pretty effective).  That reminds me that I should make an appointment soon : )

Patty, I just noticed that you named this thread "week 16"....hey, we are counting down here...it was week 14. I noticed it cause I'm wondering how I'm going to last 14 more weeks of this higher level of training. I'm just tired.

+1 on the tired : )  Apparently I'm not very good with numbers: o   Don't tell anyone at work please : )  A countdown is kinda scary but better than counting up!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys (or girls!).  6 miles done and they were perfect (for me).  Negative splits (every mile faster than the other) and pretty soon I was done and faster than current MP and never felt it.  I love the good asthma days like this.  I twisted my ankle at the end but hopefully it's minor.

Nice 14, Patty!

The only way we are at 86F is because our BOB is behind rain clouds.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page