Marathon Training and Discussions

Hmmm (Read 149 times)

A Saucy Wench

I had intended to do 22 today, but then at 20 I was very close to home and was feeling like "feeling strong" was about to end. I knew I COULD power through, but decided not to. I think it was wise and not just lazy. Just felt all of a sudden that the 20 had been faster than planned and really good and the next 2 miles would do more harm than good. Of course I missed out on the psychological advantage of powering through the last tough miles.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

And now I am sitting here feeling. I have WAAAAAAY too much energy after my long run...should have gone longer. Roll eyes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dave

Ennay, if it makes you feel any better, there was probably very little training benefit from going the extra 18 minutes or so. More mental really. You still logged an awesome 20 miler. That was probably plenty.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Plus there are plenty of reports that suggest you could've gone into glycogen depletion by running up to 22... I'd call it a huge success... you did a 20 and didn't wreck yourself. Well done. Smile

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.