Marathon Training and Discussions

The weather report (Read 660 times)

xor

You two sun haters make baby Stevie Ray cry.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You two sun haters make baby Stevie Ray cry.
      I'm at least half Scandinavian and a quarter Scot. It's not in my genes to like sun (or heat). Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Meanwhile, I am half Puerto Rican and half Hawai'ian. I agree, but from the other side.

Dave

I'm at least half Scandinavian and a quarter Scot.
          Damn, hot and hot tempered. I should've guessed. Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn, hot and hot tempered. I should've guessed. Big grin
            Bwahahaha!!! Yeah, srlopez, come run with me in Jan. when our windchills are sub-zero and it's a choice between glare ice and a couple feet of snow. You'd love it! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Bwahahaha!!! Yeah, srlopez, come run with me in Jan. when our windchills are sub-zero and it's a choice between glare ice and a couple feet of snow. You'd love it! Big grin
              Oh hell no. I get made fun of here regularly for running races in 2-3 shirts and gloves when it is 50. I only recently started NOT wearing tights in upper 40s. It was a real breakthrough for me when I ran a half recently in a singlet where the starting temp was 45. I NEVER do that.

Top 'O the World!

Big grin Big grin
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh hell no. I get made fun of here regularly for running races in 2-3 shirts and gloves when it is 50. I only recently started NOT wearing tights in upper 40s. It was a real breakthrough for me when I ran a half recently in a singlet where the starting temp was 45. I NEVER do that.
                  Yeah, but you can laugh at me when I say that 75º is uncomfortably warm and 80 and above makes me feel kinda sick. Blush

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Yeah, but you can laugh at me when I say that 55º (with sun) is uncomfortably warm and 65 and above makes me feel kinda sick. Blush
                    fixed current forecast 59° 53° 30% Better I hope they are right and there is a front moving in because it is 5:45 am right now and already 58 degrees here, was up to 90 yesterday

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

62° 50° 30% - "few showers"...not sure about that part. Maybe it will be just sprinkles. That would be OK for the last half or so.

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Showers Showers 58° 50° 40%

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Showers 59° 50° 50% But NOAA/NWS says "Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64." Please...no t-storms. I do not want to drive 6 hours after 4+ months of training, only to have electrical storms force race cancellation. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

Showers make for better race pics. HTFU.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

xor

Showers 59° 50° 50% But NOAA/NWS says "Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64." Please...no t-storms. I do not want to drive 6 hours after 4+ months of training, only to have electrical storms force race cancellation. Sad
                              In 184 marathons and ultras, I've had races canceled for weather exactly... never. I know that it *can* happen, (Chicago last year, a couple the year before) but it is rare. I have had race starts delayed for weather to pass, though... so if that is a possibility, take some extra clothes. Anyway, breathe, it'll be ok.

A Saucy Wench

83% humidity. 49/62 40% chance of rain. DOH!!!Yesterday I was supposed to go to goodwill with my kid free time and find my throwaway sweatshirt. I totally forgot. I am in denial about the marathon this weekend.