Marathon Training and Discussions

2nd how about one first (Read 230 times)

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

Well I signed up for the Twin Cities Marathon. This means I signed up for my second marathon before I even ran my first. Confused Does this make sense to anyone.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think you should register for your 3rd, too...Trent's Monkey Marathon. Wink You're brave...or crazy. You decide. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Wink Plus, you'll have that goal out there to keep you motivated after #1 is done.
        Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
        runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I think you should register for your 3rd, too...Trent's Monkey Marathon. Wink You're brave...or crazy. You decide. Smile
          Would love to try the Monkey Marathon its the cost of getting there. I prefere to be called highly motivated not crazy Wink

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I prefere to be called highly motivated not crazy Wink
            Ooh, I gotta remember that one when my non-running friends and family tell me I'm nuts! Big grin Next year I hope to go volunteer at the Monkey. Good way to meet and support friends and take a vacation somewhere pretty.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm seriously thinking about signing up for Hatfield/McCoy (June 14th)... but not until after running Flying Pig (May 4th). I *have* however, signed up for the NYC marathon lottery. I personally think it's crazier to sign up for a second marathon at anytime after running your first, but maybe that's because I ran a 10-mile PR for the first 10 miles of my first marathon... 1'30" per mile faster than my goal pace.

Imminent Catastrophe

The Hatfield-McCoy Marathon is a must-do, IMHO. Whether you do it this year or in the future, you should do it sometime. I've done it twice--the half, then the full, and it's one of my favorite ones. In terms of bang-for-the-buck, you can't beat the H&M, and the RD (David Hatfield--yes, that Hatfield) is one of the best. You even get a pasta dinner with an informative skit giving the history of the famous feud. The race passes the sites of some of the skirmishes in the feud: Just reserve your hotel room early, there aren't many hotels in the area. All in all, one of my most memorable races.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I think I'm going to be passing through WVa that weekend, so it will only be a matter of which route I take. I'm sure the half would be a good compromise, but very little difference in elevation difficulty.