Marathon Training and Discussions

How is everyone's training / planning going???? (Read 593 times)

Nice one daddyo, i`m glad you´re enjoying your training again. I´ve got my first 32km on wednesday. Running home from work and then doing a loop down along the beach. I´m going to make sure i eat better before my run this time. Tuna, spinich and pasta should be good. I ran a nice 10 miler today at marathon pace and felt pretty good.

Go Pre!

Good one Paul! I found it hard to get an accurate pace with the stop light situation. I need to pick a different route for the next few long runs. The problem is, the stop light free routes are so windy and hard to get an accurate measurement!
        Training update, Just under 3 weeks to go till the big day, all the hard work has been done and now the taper begins. I feel i´ve done pretty well as much kms as i could of, safely without getting injured. So hopefully i should get a PB on the 19th (fingers crossed). So time to cut back on mileage(a little) and give my legs a little rest. ps. like your blog daddyo
          Training update, Just under 3 weeks to go till the big day, all the hard work has been done and now the taper begins. I feel i´ve done pretty well as much kms as i could of, safely without getting injured. So hopefully i should get a PB on the 19th (fingers crossed). So time to cut back on mileage(a little) and give my legs a little rest. ps. like your blog daddyo
          awesome! you made it through the toughest part...training without injury! Good luck on your race...which one is it? I'm 2 weeks behind you...only 1 more 20 miler and then taper. so far everything is still in working condition, whew!

Jennifer mm#1231

awesome! you made it through the toughest part...training without injury! Good luck on your race...which one is it?
            Thanks Lifesabeach I´m running yyteri marathon in Pori Finland. Its my very local marathon, basically its a 2 loop course around my house. I ran my first half here last year. I like your summary graph. I can tell you´re following the hal higdon intermediate II plan. I was also following the same plan but my schedule messed up a bit when i went to visit my family in england, where i ran a hm with my sister. Good luck with the rest of your training and your marathon.
              yep that's the plan I'm following...good! you're doing the same one? that means I can expect an awesome race report with good news that results from a great training schedule...right? Big grin LOL! I was just telling dh last night how incredibly *whispers* proud of myself I am this year. That I took on what I considered a tough training schedule and I haven't missed a single run or mile...in fact, I've added on bit here and there. whew! I hope it pays off. Shy

Jennifer mm#1231

your trainings looking really strong lifesabeach. I´m looking forward to seeing your marathon time.
                  your trainings looking really strong lifesabeach. I´m looking forward to seeing your marathon time.
                  thanks! I'll be cheering for you too! and no sooner did I type that response out, than I overslept Tues, missed 2 miles and had to tag it on to Wednesday's run. No more saying things out loud from me. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231