Marathon Training and Discussions

Purdey's race report (Read 363 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

3:42 Weather attrocious, hills and trails were brutal. Loved it. More to follow.

Dave

Great job, Purdey!! Was that a 38 minute PR? Shocked Looking forward to your race report.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cryptic

Sounds like a good time looking forward to the report. Many hills?

Top 'O the World!

Congrats! awaiting your literary prose anxiously Wink
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          Purdey

Self anointed title

A Saucy Wench

Awesome awesome awesome!!!! When is your 100 again?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Purdey

Self anointed title

Ennay - many congrats on your BQ. Loved the report. I had a sneaking suspicion that you were going to rock it! Well done. My 24hr race (hopefully a 100 miler!!) isn't until Oct 09. Next milestone is a 50 mile race in Jan. Take a break and then get into that Boston training plan!! Well done again.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Purdey, you are awesome...and an hour faster than me on a much tougher course! Nice work, buddy! How are you feeling today?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Thanks Kirsten! I was genuinely really proud of how you dealt with your race and the pain of the last 6 miles - well done. Legs were a little sore (ok, they were bloody painful) the day after, but I seem to be back to about normal now. Had an easy 7 miles this morning and the quads didn't complain too much! Are you back into it yet? What is the next goal? (I'm betting on a Spring marathon...) Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks Kirsten! I was genuinely really proud of how you dealt with your race and the pain of the last 6 miles - well done. Legs were a little sore (ok, they were bloody painful) the day after, but I seem to be back to about normal now. Had an easy 7 miles this morning and the quads didn't complain too much! Are you back into it yet? What is the next goal? (I'm betting on a Spring marathon...) Tongue
                    Heh...I found a 5.2 mile (not officially measured, but that's what several people with Garmins have found in previous years) trail race a half hour away on 11/15. It will be my first. DH thinks I'm nuts, especially since 1.5 miles of it are on beach. I figure it can't be any tougher than the last 6 miles of my 'thon. You know, walk/jogging that distance with cramps is FAR harder than running full-out. I have a new found respect for those people I see walking the last few miles of a long race, now. I'd do a Spring marathon, but I really love the 25k we have here in May and am also contemplating a pretty tough trail relay in June, so I'm shooting for marathon #2 next Fall...either Milwaukee (again), Grand Rapids, or Columbus (sounds like a few RAers are looking ahead to that race). Today I hope to do an easy 2-3 miles, just to get the blood flowing in the old legs a bit more. I'm almost pain-free, just mostly kinda stiff in the quads and calves.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Go for the trail race!! You will love it. (and it's on my birthday)