Marathon Training and Discussions

First Marathon Win (Read 230 times)

Well, this weekend I won my first marathon. Being an inaugural race, that means I get a course record for at least a year. Hopefully one of 2 things happens next year, (1) I successfully defend my win and hopefully set a new record, or (2) There's less than ideal conditions and my record isn't broken. Heheh. Full race report that is way too long to cut & paste: http://news.runtowin.com/2008/05/06/cox-marathon.html

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Awesome run.
        That is so awesome! Congrats!

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

JakeKnight

I'm still less impressed by your victory than I am that you managed to fight your way through that giant tape at the end. I'm going to start carrying a hacksaw to races, just in case I win.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Heh, well, I'm just glad I didn't fall on my face after I let it wrap around my torso and legs without grabbing it with my hands. I have no idea who picked it up, I just concentrated on not tripping once I realized that there was a good possibility of it and let it fall to the ground.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

JakeKnight

Just in case anybody is confused about our babble and too lazy to click the link to your race report ... here's our victor. Great pic. But check out that tape!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Go Pre!

not bad

Go Pre!

Seriously, not too bad at all! SERIOUSLY AWESOME!
                  protoplasm72

Congrats. Great race. Cool

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

All business

Congrats Blaine! (and thanks for continuing to share your knowledge and advice with us RAer's, it's much appreciated)

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy